This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Features

Re: Features

Postby Malmer » Jul 21, 2001 @ 9:51pm

A little update on development.<br><br>Carpe finally got around to write the attack AI and he did it in a way I never could have expected. In one day he rewrote the whole defense/attack AI system into something that blew my mind away. <br><br>Your enemy will attack you in waves, and he really kicks your red butt at a high difficulty setting. "Difficulty setting?" you say. Yup, carpe made it all so that the map designer can set how hard it all will be. If that wasn't enough, if the AI finds out that he really rocks and that you are just a silly RTS newbie that fails the tutorial in Homeworld (or something), he will send all his troops just to finish you off. In good old Mortal Kombat style there is in our beta a onscreen debug message that says "Finish him" when this happens :)<br><br>The level designer can also decide that he wants the computer to use mainly marines for attack and just some fighters or that he only wants to use the tank. It is very customizeable. So mapmakers and moders will be able to easily determine the difficulty and some of the enemy behaviour.<br><br>Guys, I know I can speak freely in this forum, so I just say it: I just feel that it would be great to have the game finished so that I can play it!!!<br><br>- F
All your base are belong to us
Malmer
pm Member

Postby CheezBoy » Jul 21, 2001 @ 11:14pm

man that sounds sweet keep up the good work guys
Behold the power of Cheez!!! or Ahh, the power of Cheez!!!
CheezBoy
pm Member

Postby Paul » Jul 22, 2001 @ 6:34am

how long have you two been working on it now?
Paul
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jul 22, 2001 @ 10:55am

\me wishes to have the game now
Moose or Chuck

Postby Matt Keys » Jul 22, 2001 @ 2:07pm

I have a feature request, but it seems like a hard one. How about a little video at the end of the game when you beat it. Im not sure what the entire plot is yet, but a video showing some warriors after they won or something. I do not know if anyone on the argentum team has these skills or not. If not maybe someone from the forums could help. Any one else think this is a good idea? The video wouldnt have to be to long, and it probably wouldnt be landscape, so it would not add to much to the install size.
Matt Keys
Co-Founder
PocketMatrix.com
Matt Keys
Site Co-Founder

Postby Paul » Jul 22, 2001 @ 2:47pm

i'm sure john could do it
Paul
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jul 22, 2001 @ 2:49pm

I'm pretty sure the feature list on the argentum homepage includes FMV cut scenes, Matt.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Malmer » Jul 22, 2001 @ 5:16pm

there won't be FMV cutscenes, but there will be cutscenes with perhaps some things that move...it will primarily be image bases though. (but with fading and stuff)...it looks nice and it uses not too much space...
Malmer
pm Member

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jul 22, 2001 @ 6:16pm

Well, cutscenes, none the less.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Robotbeat » Jul 22, 2001 @ 9:08pm

You guys are so sweet!<br><br>I forgot. Is there going to be a "fog of war" type thing, and how will that work and/or look?
Die, Palm, Die. If that offended you, then get rid of your Palm OS device.
Robotbeat
pm Member

Postby Malmer » Jul 22, 2001 @ 9:45pm

FoW was written today and is working like a charm. It is C&C style FoW where every place you have explored you can see what is happening there.
Malmer
pm Member

Postby Malmer » Jul 22, 2001 @ 9:52pm

we think the other FoW is boring and ruins gameplay...but that is our opinion. and we might change that, but probably not.
Malmer
pm Member

Previous

Return to Argentum

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Ionside's groundbreaking RTS title

Moderators:

sponge, CARPEDIEM, John Lomax, Malmer

Forum permissions