This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

ARGENTUM HomeVideo

Re: ARGENTUM HomeVideo

Postby Jaybot » Jun 28, 2001 @ 2:53pm

Oh come on, I shower at least once a week! :P
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Paul » Jun 28, 2001 @ 3:00pm

you people always have to go one step better than me
Paul
pm Insider

Postby Jaybot » Jun 28, 2001 @ 3:07pm

better? you have four more stars than me and you get to be called monkey! how cool is that?  <br><br>monkeys are cool. :)
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Paul » Jun 28, 2001 @ 3:11pm

nah, i meant the showering ;)<br><br>'monkeys' ARE cool, but 'Monkeys' are NOT... grrr
Paul
pm Insider

Postby Jaybot » Jun 28, 2001 @ 3:22pm

I like all types of monkeys, come to think of it... monkeys don't shower more than once a week either.
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby 999 » Jun 28, 2001 @ 3:29pm

That's some sweet music Jaybot. I admire those who can create art with sound.<br><br>It's got a definite "power struggle" sound to it, like you're on the ropes trying for one hell of a comeback.<br><br>My friend just got his GameCube development kit (he personally paid 80 fvcking grand!!!), and I'm off to work on my first Nintendo game soon :) I'm not sure who he uses for music, but now that I know you got the skills, I'll definitely keep ya in mind!!! ;)<br>
pm Member

Postby Jaybot » Jun 28, 2001 @ 3:38pm

Thanks 999! Cool, and that's just one little loop that's in the playlist. :)  If you need anything for a Gamecube game, I'd be glad to help.  Damn, 80 fukking grand! thats even more than 80 normal grand.. shit, who has that kinda money to throw around?  I don't even have enough to make the minimum 250 dollar payment on my credit card by next week....Last modification: Jaybot - 06/28/01 at 12:38:40
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby jongjungbu » Jun 28, 2001 @ 3:44pm

[End=Bug]New[/End]
jongjungbu
Not JongJongBu

Postby 999 » Jun 28, 2001 @ 3:47pm

Oh and btw-<br>The game looks great guys, the scale seems to be a bit odd, perhaps the shadows cast by the voxels don't match the prelit sprites? Do they both assume the same light source position?<br><br>Anyhow, if you would lik to munkey proof part of your engine, how about including a sound effect for when you have "selected" a squad, as in the video, then another sound sample when you give them orders. I rememeber on Warcraft I think it was, the guys would say something when you picked them, then they'd say another little quip as the accepted your orders like "Fo'tha King..." etc. <br><br>For munkies like me, the sounds would let me know that they infact recieved and are executing my orders.<br><br>Oh, and please offer save states in this game. My iPAQ battery would be long dead by the time I got close to finishing a battle. <br>
pm Member

Postby CARPEDIEM » Jun 28, 2001 @ 3:52pm

Thanks a lot Randall, Theoretically i can't do the same thing that guy from photogenics did, because GAPI is not supported in the emu. But you made me remember that some guy actually made gapi for the emu, so i went trough my files and found the darn files, so now i am looking at argentum in my real PC!<br>Thanks Randall!, and thank you Thierry Tremblay wherever you are.<br>Does anyone know of a program that will transform my screen into a .avi movie or something?<br>
CARPEDIEM
pm Insider

Postby 999 » Jun 28, 2001 @ 3:57pm

Jay:<br><br>This guy did most the model work for all the EA sports games on PS2, which as you know, sold like hotcakes.<br><br>'Nuff said...<br><br>
pm Member

Postby CARPEDIEM » Jun 28, 2001 @ 3:58pm

Thanks for your advice too 999, i'll do what you suggested.<br>Ohh, and savegames are already implemented.<br>Games save and games load in like 0.01 seconds, it's pretty impressive.<br><br>
CARPEDIEM
pm Insider

Postby Jaybot » Jun 28, 2001 @ 3:59pm

999, I'm working on that stuff right now actually, I have a bunch of different people saying 'roger that' and 'yes sir' 'captain' 'affirmative' .. stuff like that.  I'm just finishing up the (close to) final mixing of them right now... :)
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby 999 » Jun 28, 2001 @ 4:02pm

Carp:<br><br>You can grab windows, or even regions of your screen with Windows Media encoder.<br><br>For your source, select "Region of Screen" I think it was, make sure to define it as well. <br><br>For sound, you may have to run your soundcard back into itself, i.e. Speaker->Line in.<br><br>I take it you've already got experience with making wmv, the rest should be simple enuf.<br>===<br>If you've got a slow comp, I recommend capturing with this method, and not the avi route with snagit. WME seems to output smoother video in these instances.<br>
pm Member

Postby randall » Jun 28, 2001 @ 4:04pm

Damn, I have a program that will capture video from the screen, and it works very well- sound and everything. Unfortunately it's loaded on my desktop computer 289 miles away, and I can't seem to remember tha name of it... and best of all it was freeware.
randall
pm Insider

PreviousNext

Return to Argentum

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Ionside's groundbreaking RTS title

Moderators:

sponge, CARPEDIEM, John Lomax, Malmer

Forum permissions