This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

ARGENTUM HomeVideo

Re: ARGENTUM HomeVideo

Postby Diego Cueva » Jun 28, 2001 @ 4:06pm

No, why, why! I get a Windows Media Player error when I try to see the video. :/
--------------------------

Last modification: Diego Cueva - 04/31/03 at 17:32:04
I´m currently listening to my PC´s fan
SMRF founder
Peace
Diego Cueva
pm Insider

Postby randall » Jun 28, 2001 @ 4:07pm

Oh yeah... the only downside to using the emulator is that the windows mouse curser may show up in your video. I don't remember if you can shut it off or not.
randall
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jun 28, 2001 @ 4:34pm

CARPE, for the flying units, try making them move slightly all the time so they don't look locked to the ground. And as 999 pointed out, make sure the shadows work right.
Moose or Chuck

Postby CARPEDIEM » Jun 28, 2001 @ 4:39pm

Moose dude, why are you even talking about this?, all you could see was a small white blur on the video, how do you know if it even is a flying unit?.<br><br>Well it was, and this game has spectacular shadows, all thanks to fredriks hard work.<br>You'll see guys, tomorrow a high quality video is coming.<br><br><br>Last modification: CARPEDIEM - 06/28/01 at 13:39:14
CARPEDIEM
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jun 28, 2001 @ 4:46pm

Wow.. sorry. <br>I recognized them from the ... super dooper pre beta thing you sent me. During the explosion scene they were quite clear. And I can't really tell they are flying, although I know they're supposed to<br>And the buildings look a little small compared to the units, although I'd have to see a ground unit close to em to be sure about that. We'll all just have to wait for the high quality video, I guess.
Moose or Chuck

Postby John Lomax » Jun 28, 2001 @ 4:52pm

Cool, look forward too it.<br><br>Ok, my points about the gfx. The detail on the units is there. The video quality didnt help too much, but the guys just wanted to give you lot a little snippet of game just to keep the interest there.<br><br>The scale is, like many rts games a little off. This is more of a gameplay issue than anything else as if it werent you wouldnt be able to see any of your marines etc.<br><br>Look forward to more varied units to come, we only have like 3 in there. Be patient. Oh, carpe and fredrik, wiro has done a design for a marine. He should have mailed it to you by now.<br><br>And Fredrik, what a great job you done with those little explosions sprites....I have a nice shockwave one in the works also...HeHe.<br><br>Johnny 5.
John Lomax
pm Member

Postby Malmer » Jun 28, 2001 @ 4:58pm

When playing the game for real there is no doubt which units are flying units. why? Because they leave a semi-transparent shadow on the ground (and it is formed by the landscape...looks nice)<br><br><br>Last modification: Fredrik Malmer - 06/28/01 at 13:58:04
All your base are belong to us
Malmer
pm Member

Postby Mills » Jun 28, 2001 @ 5:19pm

Damn, that's pretty good. And I never even got my promised beta test copy for beating your RE score Carpe! :), Oh well, not too bothered- just about survive :D<br><br>Mills
Mills

Postby Diego Cueva » Jun 28, 2001 @ 7:05pm

Okay, I finally got my Windows Media Player to work, and woah, the game is better than I expected. Very good graphics!
--------------------------

Last modification: Diego Cueva - 04/31/03 at 17:32:04
I´m currently listening to my PC´s fan
SMRF founder
Peace
Diego Cueva
pm Insider

Postby Mr.Boogie » Jun 28, 2001 @ 9:09pm

The video quality is weak, but the sound comes through, and from what I can "see":<br><br>I want this game!!!!<br><br>Romeo<br><br>
Mr.Boogie

Postby Paul » Jun 29, 2001 @ 3:03pm

http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=1168<br><br>we've mentioned this before right? its just that i only just realised it saves avi's too... just thought i'd post it in case you havent tried it yet
Paul
pm Insider

Postby Malmer » Jun 29, 2001 @ 6:24pm

Virtual CE is too slow. I have the demo version. Framerate isn't good enough.<br><br>// Fredrik
All your base are belong to us
Malmer
pm Member

Postby Paul » Jun 29, 2001 @ 7:27pm

i think we'd all rather have 15fps with perfect visual quality than 20-30fps of some webcam pointed at a screen. i would anyway. i dunno, whatever...
Paul
pm Insider

Postby 999 » Jun 29, 2001 @ 7:32pm

God are there that many people here that want to reinvent the wheel?<br><br>Carp obviously has windows media encoder installed if he's outputting wmv files. That said, WME can capture regions/windows on your desktop.<br><br>What's wrong with that setup? Even a 386 can maintain a solid FPS when capturing with WME...<br>
pm Member

Postby Paul » Jun 29, 2001 @ 7:38pm

this stinks.
Paul
pm Insider

PreviousNext

Return to Argentum

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Ionside's groundbreaking RTS title

Moderators: