This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

where can i pay now? so i'll have it first!

Re: where can i pay now? so i'll have it first!

Postby John Lomax » Jul 26, 2001 @ 7:43pm

Good point moose. The more options the end user has to purchase the game the better. I am not against the idea of a compact flash version of argentum, as judging by some of the comments its quite a good and unique idea. For me, like moose said ill just buy from the net and install onto my card.<br><br>Maybe shervin etc should start speaking to sandisk etc about some costing for a 6 meg cf card in bulk.<br><br>John
John Lomax
pm Member

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jul 27, 2001 @ 2:18pm

yes this is my idea :)
Moose or Chuck

Postby Dan East » Jul 27, 2001 @ 4:34pm

John, if you guys get some quotes on those cards in bulk I would really appreciate you sending the info along. I think that would be a pretty cool way to sell Windows CE software in retail stores. <br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Shervin Pishevar » Jul 27, 2001 @ 11:48pm

does anyone have any contacts at sandisk? or anywhere else we can by the mem cards in bulk? i would rather have them already put argentum on the card before shipping it to us to ship to our customers.
Shervin Pishevar

Postby Matt Keys » Jul 28, 2001 @ 12:04am

I have found one fault in the idea, which the post above sorta talks about. How do you plan to get the game on the card? will poor carp or fredrik spend hours playing with thier cf reader? Or would you have the company put it on there for you, which would mean $. Also, wouldnt this push back the release of Argentum? Dont get me wrong, I think its a good idea, but its a little late isnt it? by time you get the ball rolling with sandisk or whoever the game could have already been out.
Matt Keys
Co-Founder
PocketMatrix.com
Matt Keys
Site Co-Founder

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jul 28, 2001 @ 12:34am

why not buy in bulk from pricewatch.com and copyin it on there could be done quicker if u had a usb hub and put like 4-6 cf readers on at once. Just a thought.
Moose or Chuck

Postby sickman2o0o » Jul 28, 2001 @ 11:54am

ok, this card idea is quite good in thinking of a way to make the ppc's more game or software popular to the masses, to make it a kind of game(public)boy-like thing.<br>but i think u forgot all about the background. u would need a copy-company to copy soft on many cards, u would need a distributor to bring the cards to all the stores and even in foreign stores. and this distributor should even be so stupid to take all the risk in case those many cards woun't be bought. what then?<br><br>with selling the game by downloading will not need any other persons then the makers of the game. they just set up links on thier site and try to find a proper creditcard billing company.<br>or maybee by online ordering a cd-rom with loads of additional stuff on it, like making off or so or big rendered scenes by john would be nice and may be limited and very special too!!!!
sickman2o0o
pm Member

Postby suchiaruzu » Jul 28, 2001 @ 12:08pm

Sure, you'll get the best making of you've ever seen: 100 hours real video of Carpe and Fredrik sitting in front of their computers - amazing!
<div align="center">Image<br></div>
suchiaruzu
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jul 28, 2001 @ 1:04pm

I hope everyone remembers that this CF card idea was mine. Or atleast I talked about it first, I don't know if other people had the same thought...
Moose or Chuck

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jul 28, 2001 @ 3:37pm

ummm moose it was my idea.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Paul » Jul 28, 2001 @ 6:22pm

it was everybodys idea, who was the first to mention it doesnt matter...
Paul
pm Insider

Postby sickman2o0o » Jul 28, 2001 @ 6:58pm

making of or more: <br>i was taling about scetches, ideas, big rendered screens, may be unreleased material. etc.
sickman2o0o
pm Member

Postby suchiaruzu » Jul 28, 2001 @ 7:12pm

...and the fabulous "Making Of" Fredrik did with his webcam all the time. You know, he's got a 40 GIGs-HD, otherwise he couldnt have stored it there in order to compress it for the CD. It will be 29.99 USD. You can pay via creditcard @ , the CD and a free Ionside-T-Shirt will be sent to you 2 or 3 days after you've paid.<br>[color=3366ff]~~~~~~~~~~~~~THIS IS A JOKE~~~~~~~~~~~~[/color]
<div align="center">Image<br></div>
suchiaruzu
pm Insider

Postby Paul » Jul 28, 2001 @ 7:23pm

HONK HONK
Paul
pm Insider

Postby Shervin Pishevar » Jul 29, 2001 @ 11:17pm

Moose, great minds think a like. I thought of the card idea back in May and told Carp and Fredrik about it. But when you let the cat out of the bag I thought better to discuss it. <br><br>I have found that usually with a good idea there are at least 2-5 other people thinking about the same thing. Almost like a collective consciousness. <br><br>Anyways, remember there is almost no way we can do the cards in August. However, we could come out with a card version of Argentum with more features and levels a couple months later. Then we can see how it goes.<br><br>-Shervin
Shervin Pishevar

PreviousNext

Return to Argentum

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Ionside's groundbreaking RTS title

Moderators:

sponge, CARPEDIEM, John Lomax, Malmer

Forum permissions