This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

i will buy the day the demo comes out

i will buy the day the demo comes out

Postby ewan » Aug 8, 2001 @ 2:32am

i am a huge starcraft freak and this game makes me drool....its the middle of august and still no game....i want it soooooo badly. i also like the idea of distributing it on CF cards...although that would raise the price and youde have to pay shipping instead of just getting a reg key<br><br>keep up the good work...i rreally want a lvl editor and a sprite editor...so i can make my own guys, such as orcs and humans
ewan

Re: i will buy the day the demo comes out

Postby randall » Aug 8, 2001 @ 3:39am

Boy, that's original, and never been done in an RTS. ~
randall
pm Insider

Postby Malmer » Aug 8, 2001 @ 9:16am

it is not mid august yet. Either way just recently we came up with some things we just felt that we couldn't be without so the game will be released in August, but when in August we don't really know.<br><br>As for sprite editor. Just use your favorite image editing software. Level editor is available. But the heightmap and texture you have to build yourself (also in an image editing software)
All your base are belong to us
Malmer
pm Member

Postby ewan » Aug 8, 2001 @ 12:45pm

I was just giving an example. yoou wouldnt understand if i said i would make H-Guy and Clem sprites would you. EXACTLY. anyways im just gonna have to sit and drool at the screenshots for a while.<br><br><br>BTW the maps are on 3d terrain??<br>and how will we edit are sprites? will we just make copies of your templates?
ewan

Postby Malmer » Aug 8, 2001 @ 2:16pm

A sprite could be any image. To make it animated you have to do structure it in a certain way. There will be a Argentum modification SDK released shortly after the game has launched. A good thing might be to start building the 3D models you want to use for sprites (having 3D models is way easier than pixeling all units).
Malmer
pm Member

Postby ewan » Aug 8, 2001 @ 10:42pm

unfortunatly i do not have any experience with 3d models...so sprites woudl be way easier....i also dont know any programming
ewan

Postby Malmer » Aug 9, 2001 @ 2:28am

No programming would be nessesary. Making mods will be quite easy. Cutscene scripting isn't more complex, but to get it to look good it takes some skill, but I bet there are many in here who could do amazing cutscenes.
Malmer
pm Member

Return to Argentum

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Ionside's groundbreaking RTS title

Moderators:

sponge, CARPEDIEM, John Lomax, Malmer

Forum permissions