This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Carpe and Fredrik

Re: Carpe and Fredrik

Postby Jaybot » Aug 6, 2001 @ 5:17pm

icq's 'features' and overall 'fast speed' is why i dont like it;  msmn is the fastest and least cumbersome on my system (and most aesthetic if you ask me), and AIM reminds me of AOL.
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Malmer » Aug 6, 2001 @ 10:25pm

I agree with jaybot. The only thing I'm REALLY missing is something only AIM has: The ability to include pictures in your messages. Is great when you're developing and want to send screenshots and other stuff back and forth...<br><br>Either way, great looks are important when it comes to applications, and MSN is the cleanest looking. Good stuff :)
All your base are belong to us
Malmer
pm Member

Postby Keira » Aug 7, 2001 @ 12:41am

It's not such a big deal to download them all, were talking 10 minutes a piece and they don't take up any space. I'd have to say that ICQ has gone retarted tho... along with YIM!
I've learned that what we are meant to do is make love. All those other things; sleeping, eating, going to school, are just to pass time till we make love again.
Keira
pm Insider

Postby Malmer » Aug 8, 2001 @ 2:17pm

They take up space in my system tray, that's enough for me...
All your base are belong to us
Malmer
pm Member

Postby RICoder » Aug 8, 2001 @ 3:42pm

I hate to say AOL is good for anything, but AIM is what everyone else is using, and while that is not a reason in and of itself, it makes life easier to use it.<br><br>THE REAL thing is that someone needs to make a product that supports all the formats.  But, whenever someone tries (i.e. MS with theirs, or the one I worked on with CMGi) AOL changes their format...they suck.<br><br>But, alas, I am stuck.
<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/RICoder.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">RICoder</iframe>
RICoder
FOX News Correspondent

Postby Moose or Chuck » Aug 8, 2001 @ 3:45pm

I use DeadAIM, it takes away all the banner adds in the program so it's much smaller on the desktop and doesn't slow down the connection with all these banners.<br>AIM is good because it sends the message pretty much instantly, that's why I use it, aside from all my friends have AIM. ICQ went down as soon as AIM bought ICQ and their technology.
Moose or Chuck

Postby CARPEDIEM » Aug 8, 2001 @ 7:04pm

I use ICQ ad Killer to get rid of the annoying banners AOL put in ICQ, i suggest you guys do the same.<br>
CARPEDIEM
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Aug 9, 2001 @ 12:56pm

hahahahah, deadaim. god people actually download  that. Its some kids like first project in VB.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Moose or Chuck » Aug 9, 2001 @ 2:49pm

It works good enough for me, Chuck.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Matt Keys » Aug 10, 2001 @ 2:50am

I use it too.
Matt Keys
Co-Founder
PocketMatrix.com
Matt Keys
Site Co-Founder

Postby sponge » Aug 10, 2001 @ 6:24pm

Fredrik: Try TrayManager. It puts any tray icon you want into a little popup menu that resides in the tray. It's a nice app, I use it, and it works fine. Plus it claims to restore icons after an explorer crash, it doesn't work for me though.<br><br>http://www.zdnet.com/downloads/stories/info/0,10615,77591,00.html<br><br>-sponge
sponge

Postby Paul » Aug 10, 2001 @ 7:33pm

if you want to restore icons, use tweak ui...
Paul
pm Insider

Postby Jaybot » Aug 15, 2001 @ 8:12pm

da mn, trillian actually is pretty nice! Much better than jabber (although there is no CE version), it actually connects with ICQ.  Thanks moosey.
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Aug 15, 2001 @ 8:36pm

No problem Jaybot... But I don't use Trillian because others can't connect to my trillian client to send me any files or anything. I find having AIM and ICQ both open is much more convenient. Then if no one is online AIM or ICQ I can close that specific client and save a little bandwidth and resources.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Jaybot » Aug 15, 2001 @ 10:13pm

really? files work fine for me.
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

PreviousNext

Return to Argentum