This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

ArGEntum for Palm m505 (PalmOS4)??

Re: ArGEntum for Palm m505 (PalmOS4)??

Postby RICoder » Aug 20, 2001 @ 3:24pm

Ummm, yeah...what he said...<br>;)
<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/RICoder.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">RICoder</iframe>
RICoder
FOX News Correspondent

Postby Jaybot » Aug 20, 2001 @ 4:32pm

"getting flammed"<br><br>well I'm not gonna flam you, but I am going to make fun of that, it sounded funny :) .  Besides you already posted right after Dans post, which kinda is a contradiction in itself.  I have no need to start a flam war.
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby nuOpus » Aug 20, 2001 @ 5:02pm

I love my PocketPC. I love it better than my PalmVx because of the multimedia. I switched to the Casio E-125 and just love it! But honestly ... I wish there were a few things the PocketPC could do better than Palm already can. Pocket Word is NOWHERE near as compatable with word docs as Palm Documents TO Go. Excel compatibility is definately better on the Palm with QuickOffice than PocketExcel. I know this because word and excel are two programs I use frequently! Microsoft Money synchronization is much better on the Palm platform. In the few years I was using it ... absolutely NO problems. There are better contact management software for Palm than for PocketPC. I can tell you now, that getting access to my data is far faster than getting data from a PocketPC device on the go. Battery life is much better on the Palm. Palm is more dependable than PocketPC. Overall a better unit for business.<br><br>I teach at a local college and sapped my Palm unit for everything it was worth as far as organizational and business capabilities ... and can tell you that PocketPC feels somewhat lacking as far as features go. I must say ... a pie graph next to each calendar day stating how busy I am is VERY useful (for palm).<br><br>Don't get me wrong ... I LOVE my Casio E-125 and there is no way I would part with it. I use it more than my PalmVx now ... I lied ... I never use my PalmVx now. hehe But I have used both extensively.<br><br>If I did NOT care about multimedia, I would glady spend more for a PalmVx or M500 because they are far better for business. But ... right now im at that multimedia stage. PocketPC all the way.
nuOpus
pm Member

Postby nuOpus » Aug 20, 2001 @ 5:02pm

I love my PocketPC. I love it better than my PalmVx because of the multimedia. I switched to the Casio E-125 and just love it! But honestly ... I wish there were a few things the PocketPC could do better than Palm already can. Pocket Word is NOWHERE near as compatable with word docs as Palm Documents TO Go. Excel compatibility is definately better on the Palm with QuickOffice than PocketExcel. I know this because word and excel are two programs I use frequently! Microsoft Money synchronization is much better on the Palm platform. In the few years I was using it ... absolutely NO problems. There are better contact management software for Palm than for PocketPC. I can tell you now, that getting access to my data is far faster than getting data from a PocketPC device on the go. Battery life is much better on the Palm. Palm is more dependable than PocketPC. Overall a better unit for business.<br><br>I teach at a local college and sapped my Palm unit for everything it was worth as far as organizational and business capabilities ... and can tell you that PocketPC feels somewhat lacking as far as features go. I must say ... a pie graph next to each calendar day stating how busy I am is VERY useful (for palm).<br><br>Don't get me wrong ... I LOVE my Casio E-125 and there is no way I would part with it. I use it more than my PalmVx now ... I lied ... I never use my PalmVx now. hehe But I have used both extensively.<br><br>If I did NOT care about multimedia, I would glady spend more for a PalmVx or M500 because they are far better for business. But ... right now im at that multimedia stage. PocketPC all the way.
nuOpus
pm Member

Previous

Return to Argentum

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Ionside's groundbreaking RTS title

Moderators:

sponge, CARPEDIEM, John Lomax, Malmer

Forum permissions