This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

How much longer?

How much longer?

Postby StingRay » Aug 14, 2001 @ 1:34am

I Can't wait... How much longer?  Can you give one little hint?  Please.. I;ve set inoside as my deflat webpage cause I'm really looking forward to this game.. <br><br>Thanks tom<br><br>P.S How big is it going to be.. Need to see if i have to buy another card..
StingRay

Re: How much longer?

Postby Chris Edwards » Aug 14, 2001 @ 2:31am

it should be done around the same time as the new PocketMatrix website :)
Chris Edwards
Founder
Chris Edwards
Site Co-Founder

Postby Luciano U. Werner » Aug 14, 2001 @ 9:56am

And does anybody has a guess about how much it'll cost us?
Celerius quam asparagi cocuntur
Luciano U. Werner
pm Insider

Postby Malmer » Aug 14, 2001 @ 10:10am

For all you who didn't notice, I actually just updated the webpage with the new screenshots and the modifications we made to the story (yes I bet you noticed that there was a slightly different story in the interview than on the webpage). Hope that will keep you live a little bit longer...<br><br>As for pricing...it will be revealed in a not too long time.<br><br>I wonder which will be first. If 999 returns I guess PM2 goes up in an instant. But noone knows when that will happen...
All your base are belong to us
Malmer
pm Member

Postby Malmer » Aug 14, 2001 @ 10:16am

Size will be a couple of megabytes. I guess around 5-7 megabytes, which is way below of what we had counted on at first. Nice compression of our file libraries made that possible though. Preliminary free program memory requirement will be around 7-9 megabytes (probably 8 mb).
Malmer
pm Member

Postby Luciano U. Werner » Aug 14, 2001 @ 11:15am

Well, Fredrik, I'm for sure will be waiting. But please don't be mean to us and don't prolong the agony for too long.<br>;)
Luciano U. Werner
pm Insider

Postby Jaybot » Aug 14, 2001 @ 11:42am

Please prolong the agony for as long as it takes.  I do NOT want a rushed game to meet a deadline.  We dont need another [couldve been better] game like that for the PPC.
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby StingRay » Aug 14, 2001 @ 1:13pm

K Thanks Guys.. Just really excited about it.. And stop posting screen shots... I can't handle the excitment..<br><br>StingRay
StingRay

Postby CARPEDIEM » Aug 14, 2001 @ 1:45pm

I'd say it might come out by the end of the month or the first week of september, i really don't want to rush things up, i don't want argentum to be YET another great looking game but dead boring, so hate me if you want, but i am the main reason why you guys or even reviewers don't have a demo of Argentum, so i promise you this, the game will be fun no matter how long it takes, if 3 more weeks or 2 more months. I am not in a hurry to start selling it, it's already been too much work to waste it in a game that is boring and unbalanced.<br><br>
CARPEDIEM

Postby Malmer » Aug 14, 2001 @ 3:50pm

Aha...today Carpediem was a "Guest speaker"...what happened to your cookie? ;)
Malmer
pm Member

Postby Paul » Aug 14, 2001 @ 5:54pm

given the memory requirements, it wont run on a jornada 545 then... darn cf cards, i'm gettin a new device for this baby!
Paul
pm Insider

Postby Jaybot » Aug 14, 2001 @ 7:14pm

whats are you talking about? some guy was able to run PQ on his 545.<br><br>maybe he was lying.
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby StingRay » Aug 14, 2001 @ 8:48pm

Wow with all the work you guys are putting into this.. Have you ever thought about releasing it for a PC with all the work your putting into it.. you prob could get alot more fans and money that way.. but i also like the idea of it staying exclusive to Pocket Pc. Even to have it run in a window that you could play with and then pause it and talk on Icq.. you know.. Easy to do other thing while playing this amazing game.. I know you can do this with a Pocket emulator but it would still be cool and you rake in the money! and for no extra work!<br><br>Just a sugestion <br><br>Thanks Tom
StingRay

Postby Luciano U. Werner » Aug 15, 2001 @ 1:20pm

One of the great things about Argentum (in my modest opinion, anyway) is that it's for PPC ONLY. I don't know, it's more exclusive and desirable that way. But if you resleased to the PC, I'm sure you would make more money. And of course would have some really serious competetion with Blizzard, Westwood et al.
Luciano U. Werner
pm Insider

Postby DeathMaster » Sep 6, 2001 @ 7:05am

Come how much longer??????<br><br>Oh and I play PQ on my Jornada 545, and please say that there is going to be a version of Argentum . . .
DeathMaster

Next

Return to Argentum

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Ionside's groundbreaking RTS title

Moderators:

sponge, CARPEDIEM, John Lomax, Malmer

Forum permissions