This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Different terrains

Re: Different terrains

Postby CARPEDIEM » Sep 20, 2001 @ 4:57pm

There will be 15 missions.<br>I wonder how many of you guys will actually buy the game rather than get it for free from the warez irc channels.<br><br>We are considering about actually NOT selling it online, but do retail and OEM sales instead.<br>That would suck quite a lot i think. But it may be better for business.<br>
CARPEDIEM
pm Insider

Postby RICoder » Sep 20, 2001 @ 5:01pm

Yeah, I can see that.<br><br>Are you using any KEY type security on it?  Because, if you aren't then you probably won't make a big impact on your sales either way.<br><br>Also, unless you have a publisher, its gonna be tough to do it in stores.<br><br>I, for one, will pay for it...
<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/RICoder.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">RICoder</iframe>
RICoder
FOX News Correspondent

Postby CARPEDIEM » Sep 20, 2001 @ 5:09pm

Well, you woudn't believe me if i told you what guys are interested in buying or distributing argentum.<br>I'll give you a hint, we have 3 options, one is a pocketPC gaming company, another one is a mayor PC gaming company and another one is a new company, whose owner is one of the two most important guys in the gaming scene in the world, and they totally rocked the planet with a game they released some years ago.<br>
CARPEDIEM
pm Insider

Postby randall » Sep 20, 2001 @ 5:13pm

I'll be buying it, regardless. Just don't make it too damn difficult to get ahold of. I live in the middle of NOWHERE now...<br><br>f u c k  I miss Seattle and New York.
randall
pm Insider

Postby RICoder » Sep 20, 2001 @ 5:17pm

Carpe, congrats.<br><br>I must say, I am envious.  My company, now purely business though successful, was founded specifically to make games...but it never panned out.  Can't complain, but it is sad.  However, its good to see you and Freddy getting out there, I'd rather see dedicated guys getting into the mix than some of the wankers I have met at the GDC.
<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/RICoder.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">RICoder</iframe>
RICoder
FOX News Correspondent

Postby Diego Cueva » Sep 20, 2001 @ 5:18pm

Where are you living Randall?
--------------------------

Last modification: Diego Cueva - 04/31/03 at 17:32:04
I´m currently listening to my PC´s fan
SMRF founder
Peace
Diego Cueva
pm Insider

Postby randall » Sep 20, 2001 @ 5:45pm

I live in Brazil now, right next door to this noisy guy named Diego.<br><br>j/k... I live in Spokane Washington. About 300 miles from Seattle, so I am sure Digby has been here at least once.
randall
pm Insider

Postby Luciano U. Werner » Sep 20, 2001 @ 5:49pm

If it comes out through stores (and not as dl), it would take forever to get here in Brazil. It's hard enough to find accessories, just imagine how it will be with a game.
Celerius quam asparagi cocuntur
Luciano U. Werner
pm Insider

Postby CARPEDIEM » Sep 20, 2001 @ 6:11pm

No way man, it will never get to south america, i'll probably never see the game box with my own eyes.<br>But don't worry, it's almost a fact that we will sell it online. If we don't do it by ourselves we'll probably do it via one of those percentage hungry websites that sell games.<br>
CARPEDIEM
pm Insider

Postby randall » Sep 20, 2001 @ 6:16pm

them damn percentage-hungry bastards.<br><br>There has to be a better way of selling it. I mean, getting people to jump on board to sell/distribute it isnt the difficult part. Epecially with the huge following and the hype around Ag.<br><br>The difficult part is not getting ripped a new ass in the process - and then LOSING your ass.
randall
pm Insider

Postby Luciano U. Werner » Sep 20, 2001 @ 7:38pm

Couldn't Ionside handle the sales?<br>And Carpe, thanks for the dl sell through. I'm still waiting to get my copy of DiabloII:LOD. just imagine a PPC game.
Celerius quam asparagi cocuntur
Luciano U. Werner
pm Insider

Postby Boris » Sep 21, 2001 @ 9:14am

Easy, with john having lot of interest on pda : it's ionside !
Boris

Previous

Return to Argentum

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Ionside's groundbreaking RTS title

Moderators:

sponge, CARPEDIEM, John Lomax, Malmer

Forum permissions