This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Red Tide

Re: Red Tide

Postby suchiaruzu » Sep 27, 2001 @ 5:18pm

Oh heck...<br>Even my cactus could make up a better story. Sorry, but that's the truth...<br>About the "It's all a dream"-stuff: That's just like it was in Monkey2. They did the same in some other game whichs name i cant remember right now, but although the whole thing is as old as stories are they solved it pretty clever.<br>However, if there'll be a second part they should pay someone to do the story. Paid people do better jobs - or, wait. Did they pay him??
<div align="center">Image<br></div>
suchiaruzu
pm Insider

Postby Paul » Sep 27, 2001 @ 5:22pm

i believe the game you are referring to is called 'Paul and the Land of Women'
Paul
pm Insider

Postby Jay_Mattis » Sep 27, 2001 @ 5:37pm

I happened to like the game, but I would still like to know which aliens you were referring to Jaybot?
Jay_Mattis
pm Member

Postby Jay_Mattis » Sep 27, 2001 @ 5:44pm

Jay_Mattis
pm Member

Postby Jaybot » Sep 27, 2001 @ 6:14pm

okay, if you are living a life in a normal 1997-2001 Earth, and keep seeing strange 'foreign' writings that are not of this planet, then its alien;  and all of a sudden at the end of the game you end up being a part of that super advanced 'human' race that just happened to change they're writings to that oriental looking crap (even though you were reading normal english/french throughout the rest of the game), just to fit the end of the game and have the people be in VR units it's alien and strange and weird; and just to reinforce that they ending wasn't supposed to be the actual explanation, they kept throeing in hints that it still wasnt the truth or real, and that Anne wasnt really dead, and the doctors were even talking behind his back.. it's just all too thin and weak.
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Jay_Mattis » Sep 27, 2001 @ 6:30pm

How are the human's super-advanced?  They're in a space ship.  Is that really THAT advanced?  And which writings?
Jay_Mattis
pm Member

Postby Jaybot » Sep 27, 2001 @ 7:38pm

um, as far as i know, we dont have any kryogenic freezing tubes that use VR simulations to keep the mind occupied while the body is in kryo sleep.  and i remember that thin sheet of that odd material (which was just the Fade title screen) that the main character said couldnt be described because it was too advanced.  And the writings were shown on various items throughout the game and if you ever examined them the character would say that it was oreintal looking writing, but not of thos world, or something similar, and then at the end that kind of writing was all over the space ship.
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Jay_Mattis » Sep 27, 2001 @ 8:34pm

Well, **** me hard, you're right. :-D I still liked it though.
Jay_Mattis
pm Member

Postby Dan East » Sep 28, 2001 @ 12:14am

Wow. The whole cryogenic-sleep-while-experiencing-VR-induced-reality sounds a little like the Matrix, huh?<br><br>Dan East<br>
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Jaybot » Sep 28, 2001 @ 1:52am

Yeah, except for the Matrix did that at the beginning of the movie and there was a story/point behind it (the robots used humans for energy).  This was at the end and there was no point or good explanation.
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby RICoder » Sep 28, 2001 @ 1:20pm

WELL FUCKING THANKS!<br>What if I wanted to go out and play the game?<br><br>You ruined the ending!<br><br>YOU SUCK!<br><br>~~~
<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/RICoder.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">RICoder</iframe>
RICoder
FOX News Correspondent

Postby jongjungbu » Sep 29, 2001 @ 1:59am

That saves u the couple of hours of easy screen watching maybe some puzzles if you are a village ideot...~~
jongjungbu
Not JongJongBu

Postby Luciano U. Werner » Sep 30, 2001 @ 8:06pm

Glad I dumped the demo.
Celerius quam asparagi cocuntur
Luciano U. Werner
pm Insider

RED TILDE!!!

Postby Moose or Chuck » Oct 8, 2001 @ 8:17pm

~
Moose or Chuck

Postby Jaybot » Oct 8, 2001 @ 8:31pm

lol, red tilde, i've thought about that many times too, as i keep misreading it.
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Previous

Return to Argentum

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Ionside's groundbreaking RTS title

Moderators: