This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Spring clean and Info.

Spring clean and Info.

Postby John Lomax » Nov 14, 2001 @ 5:04pm

Ok, saying as a lot of the topics were going wildly "off-topic", some just plain odd and some not exactly showing argentum in a good light I removed them.<br><br>I am gonna keep a check as to the content of this forum now as we are very near release, and carpe is way too busy to be deleting some of the crap that gets posted here. <br><br>Argentum is finished. It is purely down to business now. And yes this may or may not take some time, knowing how close the business side is I anticipate a release before christmas.<br><br>In the meantime, Ill see if carpe will fire over a new build so you can atleast see some new screenshots.<br><br>Hang tight.<br><br>- John.
John Lomax
pm Member

Re: Spring clean and Info.

Postby Luciano U. Werner » Nov 14, 2001 @ 6:37pm

Thanks, John. I think this is what everybody needed to hear to calm things down.
Celerius quam asparagi cocuntur
Luciano U. Werner
pm Insider

Postby Village_Ideot » Nov 14, 2001 @ 9:03pm

ITS FINISHED??!?!?!?  SWEEEEEET!<br><br>ooh i am READY  oh yeah
Village_Ideot
pm Member

Postby RwGast » Nov 14, 2001 @ 9:10pm

Im just curuious John, what do you guys hope to make off of argentum? $500 and up or what?
http://www.angelfire.com/ego/esoteric if you like to play quake3 keep your eye on this site
RwGast
pm Member

Postby Paul » Nov 15, 2001 @ 4:55am

500? thats a bit low isnt it? they could make 1000's off this.
Paul
pm Insider

Postby randall » Nov 15, 2001 @ 5:58am

aiming for six digits
randall
pm Insider

Postby John Lomax » Nov 15, 2001 @ 6:07am

Me personally, nothing as I done it for the fun really. Carpe and the rest of Ionside however hope to make as much as they can. <br><br>Im not involved in the business as Im not part of Ionside as I have a full time job anyway and do this stuff as a hobby, but I know of the deals they are doing and hopefully they can announce cool info real soon. <br><br>- John
John Lomax
pm Member

Postby RwGast » Nov 15, 2001 @ 9:59am

Thats cool john, i always thaought you were part of ionside.<br><br>500 isnt that low, i mean yes its not to much money but its a niche ppc game and in that case 500 dollars is about right, i dont even think fade or rocket elite made over 500 dollars (fades sale probably being closet to $50 becuase only 2 people bought it, j/k).
http://www.angelfire.com/ego/esoteric if you like to play quake3 keep your eye on this site
RwGast
pm Member

Postby John Lomax » Nov 15, 2001 @ 11:01am

I think they will be looking at a lot more than 500 bucks now and maybe now into stores aswell as online (but thats still speculation on my behalf), hence the business ties that they are preparing. Teaming up with a few big names will help push the sales further.<br><br>- John.
John Lomax
pm Member

Postby sandmann » Nov 16, 2001 @ 9:57pm

So what are we really looking at? like $30 or so?
sandmann

Postby Matt Keys » Nov 16, 2001 @ 10:26pm

Last I heard, around $20-$25
Matt Keys
Co-Founder
PocketMatrix.com
Matt Keys
Site Co-Founder

Postby CARPEDIEM » Nov 16, 2001 @ 10:51pm

what does: "a niche ppc game" mean?<br>like a crappy PPC game?<br><br>Well sorry to hear that really, you'll probably see how wrong you are when you play it. And just make 500 bucks? hehehe. I think that's a little too low don't you think?, after all we've been working on this game for over 8 months, that would be about 60 bucks per month hehe.<br><br>I wish i could tell you guys more about Argentum but i really won't. We'll have some major announcements soon and then you'll see if we are aiming for 500 bucks hehe.<br><br>
CARPEDIEM
pm Insider

Postby Toadkiller_Dog » Nov 16, 2001 @ 11:16pm

John<br>My last post was not offensive except to point out that you were blatantly censoring a "free" forum.  I guess only acceptable thoughts in your groove are ok...<br>Thanks for deleting my post complaining about deleting posts.<br>This site is becoming very lame.
Toadkiller_Dog
pm Member

Postby Jaybot » Nov 17, 2001 @ 4:06am

no, capre, niche does not mean crappy. it means niche.  lemme see... heres what the dictionary says:<br><br>COMMERCE; specialized market:  an area of the market specializing in a particular type of product.<br><br>tell me how that means crappy? <br><br>silly. :)
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby John Lomax » Nov 17, 2001 @ 5:47pm

Toadkiller:<br><br>Although I agree with you that this is a free forum, I dont appreciate being refered to as a "Nazi", because I have been cleaning up the site.<br><br>Most visitors to this forum want to get access to argentum info easily, and not have to wade through endless crap that gets posted here.<br><br>I dont want to censor the forum, or stop posts from going off-topic, after all thats the way conversations go, but some of the threads that I deleted were offensive to certain people, and had no relevance to argentum in the slightest. <br><br>If you wanna post crap, then fine, but do it in the anything forum, as thats what its there for. <br><br>But if you post it here, then it will probably get deleted. Simple as that.<br><br>- John.<br><br>
John Lomax
pm Member

Next

Return to Argentum

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Ionside's groundbreaking RTS title

Moderators:

sponge, CARPEDIEM, John Lomax, Malmer

Forum permissions