This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Oh well...

Oh well...

Postby Village_Ideot » Nov 26, 2001 @ 5:49pm

Strategic assault released...i guess argentum won't be the first real-time strategy. Still looking forward to it!<br><br>Oh, and strategic assault looks exactly like the original C & C
Village_Ideot
pm Member

Re: Oh well...

Postby Matt Keys » Nov 26, 2001 @ 5:56pm

they have nice banners too....EVERYONE GO CLICK IT....just kidding, dont click unless your interested;)
Matt Keys
Co-Founder
PocketMatrix.com
Matt Keys
Site Co-Founder

Postby Village_Ideot » Nov 26, 2001 @ 6:02pm

The game isn't as good as the pictures make it look...no music also
Village_Ideot
pm Member

Postby randall » Nov 26, 2001 @ 7:30pm

Strategic Assault is a pretty decent game, even though the graphics are marginal. I'd suggest at least downloading the demo and giving it whirl. The sys requirements aren't crazy, which is always a plus for me.
randall
pm Insider

Postby sandmann » Nov 26, 2001 @ 8:32pm

No the game sucks.. the level after the tutorial is impossible, the guys storm you rgiht away.  Argentum all the way.
sandmann

Postby Paul » Nov 27, 2001 @ 7:28am

uh... theres been an rts out way before this. what about invasion or that other crappy one?
Paul
pm Insider

Postby Simon » Nov 27, 2001 @ 7:53am

Hi,<br><br>The levels in Strategic Assault are certainly not impossible. In fact the add-on level packs will be harder as people on the whole found the game a bit too easy once they got used to it. Strategic Assault is much faster paced than most RTS games and different in play. Some people dont like this and find it too fast, some people love it.<br><br>An update will be released this week which massively improves the sound in the game, which wasnt up to the standards of the rest of the game.<br><br>If you like RTS games it cant hurt to download the free demo which is only 1 meg and see for yourself. http://www.strategicassault.com/<br><br>regards,<br><br>Simon
Simon

Postby Paul » Nov 27, 2001 @ 12:40pm

yes, we shall listen to your unbiased advice, simon jacobs, programmer of strategic assault.
Paul
pm Insider

Postby Simon » Nov 27, 2001 @ 1:33pm

I wasnt hiding that it was me, check the 'email' link on the post above and this post.<br><br>I think I am entitled to reply when people are talking about my game. Everything I said was true :)<br><br>Simon
Simon

Postby Simon » Nov 27, 2001 @ 1:39pm

Anyway, in that post I talk about updates and level packs. Isnt it obvious it was from me and not an independent user?<br><br>I do apologise if it wasnt clear, I certainly didnt mean to confuse anyone. I thought it was obvious.<br><br>regards,<br><br>Simon.
Simon

Postby Dan East » Nov 27, 2001 @ 1:40pm

Yes, and on a very related note, Pocket Quake and DEXplor are two of the finest Pocket PC apps ever released. I'll have to find who was responsible for them and send some money or something! ;)<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Dan East » Nov 27, 2001 @ 1:42pm

Shoot, my title gives me away.<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Simon » Nov 27, 2001 @ 1:46pm

Log on as a guest next time :)<br><br>PocketQuake is great.<br>
Simon

Postby Village_Ideot » Nov 27, 2001 @ 4:48pm

Simon, any plans on having music, or does the real version have music?<br><br>Paul, invasion was the first rts, but that honestly shouldn't even really count
Village_Ideot
pm Member

Postby simonjacobs » Nov 27, 2001 @ 4:51pm

Yes, the update this week will add music.<br><br>I'm registered in the forum now by the way :)<br><br>This isnt really the best place to talk about Strategic Assault, I only posted a reply here because everyone else was commenting on the game.<br>
simonjacobs
pm Insider

Next

Return to Argentum

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Ionside's groundbreaking RTS title

Moderators:

sponge, CARPEDIEM, John Lomax, Malmer

Forum permissions