This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

eta

eta

Postby abcdefu » Nov 28, 2001 @ 8:17pm

hey anyone over at ionside whats an eta of when  argentum will be released?<br>peace
arm-sh3-mips vs palm (loner)
ppc's most advanced game= argentum etc.
palm's most advanced game=PONG etc.
abcdefu
pm Member

Re: eta

Postby Jaybot » Nov 28, 2001 @ 8:28pm

Right after Hyperspaz Delivery Bitch comes out, otherwise Argentum will eclipse HDBs sales, and Romero cant have that. :)
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby abcdefu » Nov 28, 2001 @ 8:38pm

huh?
abcdefu
pm Member

Postby Luciano U. Werner » Nov 28, 2001 @ 8:50pm

Jay means: your guess is as good as ours.
Celerius quam asparagi cocuntur
Luciano U. Werner
pm Insider

Postby abcdefu » Nov 28, 2001 @ 9:15pm

lol no kidding
abcdefu
pm Member

Postby Jaybot » Nov 28, 2001 @ 9:22pm

No, I thought I was pretty clear, apparently as mud.  Lets just say it will be AT LEAST 2 more weeks, based on the pgamer.org news today.  You're smart lads, you can figure it out.
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Dan East » Nov 28, 2001 @ 10:21pm

I know exactly what you're talking about. :)<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Matt Keys » Nov 28, 2001 @ 10:24pm

As do I.
Matt Keys
Co-Founder
PocketMatrix.com
Matt Keys
Site Co-Founder

Postby John Lomax » Nov 29, 2001 @ 6:13am

Hehe, actually, I've not spoken to carpe for a little while cause he has exams at the moment.<br><br>Legal stuff is holding it up, well, that and the wedding.<br><br>- John.<br><br>
John Lomax
pm Member

Postby randall » Nov 29, 2001 @ 6:55pm

yeah, legal bullshit like "We have to release HDB before AG, otherwise Hyperspazz Delivery Bitch will be nothing more than a blip in sales." What a fucking load of crap.<br><br>It doesn't take this long to get legalities in the US figured out. Fuck, Even with the mounds of parperwork, it would take less than a week. Believe me, the attorneys would be pushing this shit out the door faster than you can turn around.<br><br>I was at a dinner gathering for a startup once, and Paul Allen made a deal with Imandi for $20 million. The following week Imandi had $20 million and ANOTHER blowout.<br><br>Romero is playing the creators of AG.<br><br>
randall
pm Insider

Postby John Lomax » Nov 29, 2001 @ 7:18pm

Thats so far off the truth Randall.<br><br>Why do you have to come onto here and be all aggressive? I dont deserve to be thrown insults like that. Sure Argentum isnt out, but hey its no need to get an attitude about it. I want Argentum out as much as anyone, but I dont have a magic wand that will bring it out.<br><br>The legalities with Argentum take much longer than a week to sort out, if only you knew. To simply say it could be passed through an attorneys office in less than a week is so wrong, couldnt be further from the truth.<br><br>HDB has no connection to Argentum at all, As if Romero's game would impact each other is crazy anyway.<br><br>Noone is perfect, and they missed the august deadline by quite a bit. But it hurts me to see people getting so irate that they hurl insults and become abussive because a game is delayed for whatever reason. <br><br>I'm not saying crap, and I never had. The legal stuff is *entirely* the reason behind the delay. Just hope atleast some of you understand and believe that.<br><br>- John.
John Lomax
pm Member

Postby RwGast » Nov 29, 2001 @ 7:40pm

First off i dont understand how Romero would be related to the release of AG, can someone explain this? Are you implying hes paying off carpe so that 'other game' will hit the shelves first? Second I thought everyone was saying there would be an important AG announcement in a week like a month ago.
http://www.angelfire.com/ego/esoteric if you like to play quake3 keep your eye on this site
RwGast
pm Member

Postby John Lomax » Nov 29, 2001 @ 7:52pm

To set the record straight...carpe was contacted by a number of publishers. Romeros name was thrown around among others, and its stuck, since then people assume romero is behind all things going on, which is simply untrue. In reality its hit a huge legality snag which has promptly halted the release. In all honesty I cant tell you the full picture, I really cant. But thats it.<br><br>Although you wont believe me, so I dont know why I bother. Just thought Id try and get some more info out to you, albeit not entirely what you want.<br><br>- John.
John Lomax
pm Member

Postby Paul » Nov 29, 2001 @ 7:59pm

Paul
pm Insider

Postby John Lomax » Nov 29, 2001 @ 8:04pm

John Lomax
pm Member

Next

Return to Argentum