This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Argentum beta testing ?

Argentum beta testing ?

Postby Conan » Nov 18, 2001 @ 5:32pm

What's planned for beta testing on Argentum?<br>Will there be a pre-release test phase for the game....<br><br>Also, any thoughts on pricing yet? $15 to $20 seems to be the ballpark<br><br>Conan<br>( what is best in life )
Conan

Re: Argentum beta testing ?

Postby randall » Nov 18, 2001 @ 7:13pm

pffft... boy you missed it on all those. Um... no, no, no and no.
randall
pm Insider

Postby Luciano U. Werner » Nov 18, 2001 @ 10:15pm

I think it will be MORE then $20.
Celerius quam asparagi cocuntur
Luciano U. Werner
pm Insider

Postby Conan » Nov 19, 2001 @ 3:26am

I think that reply means either:-<br>a) there has already been beta testing or<br>b) there won't be any testing cause we think it works fine<br><br>Hope it was a) cause you need to test everything even those things you know can't possibly go wrong<br><br>Whatever, it was just an attempt to get back on topic instead of all the back & forth arguments on THAT topic below ( or is it now above )
Conan

Postby suchiaruzu » Nov 19, 2001 @ 12:21pm

ROFL! Carpe, you crack me up!!!<br>Oh, wait, what do you mean by "That wasnt me"?<br>You know, I love all these people coning here, saying "Woohoo! Argentum forever! I love this game, have read every bit I found about it, seen every video/screenshot. Read every thread. When will it be released? Can I be a betatester? How much will it be?" - or even better "All the long nights of waiting - VAPORWARE!!!"<br>It's so funny!
<div align="center">Image<br></div>
suchiaruzu
pm Insider

Postby John Lomax » Nov 19, 2001 @ 1:37pm

So what make you think it was carpe?<br><br>If people post that here, then they do it without any influence from carpe, me etc.<br><br>And to answer conan's question,<br><br>No there will be no Beta testing, and I would imagine it will exceed 20 bucks. More like 25-30.<br>Although that final figure will be determined through the business deals.<br><br>- John.
John Lomax
pm Member

Postby Conan » Nov 19, 2001 @ 2:42pm

Does someone think I'm not me? My e-mail address is on the message:) Conan is a screen name for me, Ian Ferguson. Conan the Barbarian being one of my fav films. <br><br>When I released my first shareware game in the web I made so many mistakes and would have made millions more of it wasn't for 30 testers who pointed out lots of stuff.<br><br>Anyway I did not even say anything nice about the game though I hope it's real good. I don't want to beta test myself as I'm to busy learning 3D. I don't get time to play games. I just buy them & put the boxes on a shelf. <br><br>btw: Carpe Diem means 'sieze the day' and it's what's on my school badge. Still got it somewhere in the attic.
Conan

Postby John Lomax » Nov 19, 2001 @ 2:54pm

Ian, you should register :)<br><br>*Way Off-Topic*<br><br>I watched conan last night on TV, although I hadnt seen it in ages, its still a great film.<br><br>"Plenty of time for the earth in the grave"<br><br>-John.
John Lomax
pm Member

Return to Argentum

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Ionside's groundbreaking RTS title

Moderators:

sponge, CARPEDIEM, John Lomax, Malmer

Forum permissions