This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Galactic Realms

Galactic Realms

Postby PocketKyleGamer » Aug 30, 2001 @ 11:24pm

Why are you all waiting for Argentum, when there's already a GREAT real time strategy game already avaiable?<br><br>It's Galactic Realms, from KPoole software. Kyle is the best PocketPC and Palm programmer ever! His software is just amazing!<br><br>Galactic Realms is a full featured RTS, and it's already avaible! Great graphics too! And he's making a level editor so you can make any new levels you want for the game!<br><br>Be sure to check it out, at http://www.kpoole.com/galactic.html<br><br>I wouldn't be suprised if Argentum is just a cheap copy of Kyle's hard work!
- I love KPOOLE! Visit http://www.kpoole.com
PocketKyleGamer
pm Member

Re: Galactic Realms

Postby Matt Keys » Aug 30, 2001 @ 11:43pm

I have played both galactic realms and a beta of Argentum. So I can safely compare the world of difference between the two. You however have obviously never even seen a screenshot of Argentum. Comments like "I wouldn't be surprised if Argentum is just a cheap copy of Kyle's hard work!" are not welcome, mainly because they are extremely incorrect, and meant to be hurtful. Now, before you get everyone arguing over why Argentum is better, I ask that you take a look at the major differences between Argentum and Galactic Realms, believe me, there is an enormous reason people are waiting for Argentum rather than buying Galactic Realms. You can get more information about Argentum at http://www.ionside.com/argentum I suggest you look at the "features" and "screenshots" sections.
Matt Keys
Co-Founder
PocketMatrix.com
Matt Keys
Site Co-Founder

Postby Digby » Aug 31, 2001 @ 12:19am

Heh... amusing.  Go start trouble elsewhere.  From the screenshot of Galactic Realms on his website, the game looks like it was running on a .  I think I'll pass.<br><br><br><br>
Digby
pm Insider

Postby esw » Aug 31, 2001 @ 12:28am

Just for fun, let's compare screenshots of the two games:<br><br>Image<br>Galactic Realms<br><br>and<br><br>Image<br>Argentum<br><br>well, what do you think, NONE?<br>I think that your comments were mean, unwelcome, and not backed by any thought. I think it is obvious why we are all waiting for Argentum.<br><br>Next time you make a post like that putting down a game on it's own forum, saying that it is a lame copy of another game, do some research first.<br><br><br><br>
esw
pm Member

Postby randall » Aug 31, 2001 @ 12:44am

um, I think this deserves a big fat  R O F L
randall
pm Insider

Postby Village_Ideot » Aug 31, 2001 @ 12:53am

heehee, that game is like a gameboy game...
Village_Ideot
pm Member

Postby Dan East » Aug 31, 2001 @ 9:33am

He may be the best Palm programmer, but all his Pocket PC apps look like Palm apps. If a piece of software runs exactly the same on a Palm and a Pocket PC, then it is only using 1/10 of the capability of the Pocket PC.<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby CARPEDIEM » Aug 31, 2001 @ 9:45am

Lol!, thanks guys we won't let you down with argentum<br>:)<br><br>Anyway, a short update, argentum is nearly finished but there hasn't been any progress for the last week because Fredrik is MIA, i think he has moved and he can't connect to the internet or something, i've been having fun adding some triggers and a timer (which you see in the screenshot above) making a pretty fun level which is also shown in the screenshot where you have to survive the enemy attack for 5 minutes with the enemy AI set to max and with lots of resources, pretty fun.<br><br>Anyway, i really don't know much about when Fredrik is coming back and we need at least 10 more maps to release the game so stick around because maybe i'll have to ask you guys for help again with maps.<br><br>
CARPEDIEM
pm Insider

Postby Rob » Aug 31, 2001 @ 10:19am

i remember thinking galactic realms was great back in the day when i was thining about buying my jornada 820 (over 2 years ago.).  It never ran properly on my 820 - kyle can't port.  it was lame on my em500 and only lasted for 3 days before i deleted every copy of it on any of my computers.<br>There is one thing though- argentum started off saying it was the first rts for ppc, the ninvasion said IT was the first rts for ppc.  Galactic realms was, so your all wrong, and battlefield came along in the middle too.<br><br>just a few thoughts.
Rob
pm Member

Postby CARPEDIEM » Aug 31, 2001 @ 11:17am

Nope, we never said argentum was the first RTS game.<br>
CARPEDIEM
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Aug 31, 2001 @ 1:46pm

I distinctly recall them say Argentum was "one of the first RTS games for the PPC," not THE first. But with all the graphics and gameplay, it might as well be the first. Especially when The Grey Day is/was $30, and Galactic Realms looks worse than Tetris for the GameBoy back in '89.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Scorpio » Jan 7, 2002 @ 4:29pm

I must agree with the starter of this topic, yet I must also disagree. It is a great game, yes, but the graphics (that of version 2.2) are absolutely atrocious! I do think that some of the repliers comments were also "not backed by any thought" as one of you put it. Give a reason why it is a bad game. In fact, it is not, it is very fun to play. I play it on my Jornada alot. Graphics do not make games. Look at PC Games of the RTS genre: Red Alert 2, Kohan, StrifeShadow, Age of Empires, Cossacks, etc. All of those have bad graphics but are still good, fun games. And your comments like "obviously never even seen a screenshot of Argentum" prove nothing on how good the game is, it could have the best graphics in the world and be utter crap (although I doubt it, I am just saying it could, lol).<br><br>Also, I am a fan of all RTS pocket games so I have no opinion on which is better or worse. However, I would like to mention that Galactic Realms is getting a much needed face lift:<br>Image
Scorpio
pm Member

Postby John Lomax » Jan 7, 2002 @ 4:49pm

Sorry but I have to disagree that PC games like Red alert 2 and Age of Empires have bad GFX. Knowing what is involved, I can say they have done a great job, and I especially like the look of red alert 2.<br><br>You do have valid points on gfx dont make a good game, but its a viewpoint which very few public gamers agree with. <br><br>If the screenshots look good, people want it, even if the game is crap.<br><br>- John<br>
John Lomax
pm Member

Postby Robby » Jan 7, 2002 @ 5:10pm

red alert 2 has nice graphics.<br>galactic realms has shit graphics, sounds, and gameplay.<br>maybe if you only have a jornada its fun, but there are only about 3 games available for it and your a fool for buying one.
Why?
Robby
pm Member

Postby John Lomax » Jan 7, 2002 @ 5:47pm

Lol.....Hey wait a minute I own 2 Jornada's ;)
John Lomax
pm Member

Next

Return to Argentum

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Ionside's groundbreaking RTS title

Moderators:

sponge, CARPEDIEM, John Lomax, Malmer

Forum permissions