This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Quadwalkers can't make sharp turns while firing?

Quadwalkers can't make sharp turns while firing?

Postby badstone » Oct 24, 2002 @ 11:18pm

badstone
pm Member

Postby esw » Oct 24, 2002 @ 11:46pm

Yeah, it's just a bug I guess. That's the map where you have to take the itba from the top right corner to the top left, right? I thought that was one of the hardest levels in the game :) The thing is, there is no real secret to it. You just have to keep trying and experimenting. For more info on that level see thread.
esw
pm Member

Postby badstone » Oct 24, 2002 @ 11:56pm

Ah, so it is just another issue of brute force. Once again, I'm wasting my time trying to figure out the particulars of specific units interacting with other specific units and terrain. I should just send them all barelling towards the goal instead and everything will just work itself out.

(I thought I'd been missing out on some terrific subtlety in the previous mission, then I realized that it was just a matter of building 14-15 missile launchers instead of the 8-10 I'd been going with.)

Truly bizarre things happen when my walkers get snarled on that bit of terrain. If there's a group of them, the red targetting lines start spitting out in all different directions, shifting constantly, while they all more or less rotate in place while getting shot to death.
badstone
pm Member

Return to Argentum

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Ionside's groundbreaking RTS title

Moderators:

sponge, CARPEDIEM, John Lomax, Malmer

Forum permissions