This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Tips and tricks

Tips and tricks

Postby goro » Nov 5, 2003 @ 7:02pm

goro
pm Insider

Postby jongjungbu » Nov 5, 2003 @ 7:11pm

jongjungbu
Not JongJongBu

Postby goro » Nov 5, 2003 @ 7:24pm

goro
pm Insider

Postby Jaybot » Nov 5, 2003 @ 9:35pm

-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby goro » Nov 5, 2003 @ 11:14pm

goro
pm Insider

Postby CorwinB » Nov 6, 2003 @ 9:03am

CorwinB
pm Member

Postby someone » Nov 7, 2003 @ 4:20am

someone

Hints and tips

Postby Addic » Nov 14, 2003 @ 9:19pm

I've described a general approach (ok! specific in some areas :lol: ) These tend to work for me, so you might want to give them a go.I suggest for mission one (Looting Calls)as described above acceleration and deceleration is a must have skill to master.

Part two aim for the Federation ship shoot at it and then just ram it! the stoopid G*t doesn't move out of the way very often and if your mastered the acceleration/deceleration the items are easy to pickup.

Power Down, Defence Team Up: hang near the base and just fly around it if your taking too many hits (should give your shields time to recharge). I try to concentrate on using lazers as a couple of times I've had a Federation ship go spinning off in to the distance and the level can't be completed until ALL the ships are destroyed, so I just target it and nuke it!

Trade Secrets:As soon as you come out of the jump, head straight for Black Bart guns blazing, he'll move, grab the box (it is just a little way behind him), pick it up and JUMP!

During the trade with the Locusts I get in between the ships and let them share the blame, when the Federation ships are busy I pick them off.

Ships of Steel: knock all of the bombers out (eight in all) with the EMP, annihilate the fighters with the rockets/Lazers.

Booming Business: wipe out the guard ships with the lazers (not too difficult). Use the EMP gun on the cargo ships they stop, the the inertia of space carries the cargo in to the back of them, so destroying the cargo boxes.

Vasil-ectomy;Having mastered acceleration/deceleration SLOWLY advance on the space station, as your attacked pick them off. If it gets too hot turn 180 accelerate away and recharge your shields (simply hit and run).

Ship sham; Same as first mission but include hit n run tatics (above) :roll:

Attack on Emerald Cove; Same as second mission. hit run and hide behind the station (Just like the irish sex manual in/out repeat if necessary, no offence intended! :D ).

Rebels without a chance: same as Vasil-ectomy!

Envoy Ahoy!; Hit n Run

Playing along; same as Attack on Emerald Cove.

Supply and Demand; (This level demands fast and accurate targeting. Using the advanced bomber fitted with Cutlass in 3 bays) Five fighers + the Locust Sentinal are on the radar after jumping, the centre fighter fires first (take it out) then the next on the radars right (target and destroy it asap), Ignore the rest, switch to EMP attack the Sentinal while slowing to a stop, when given the all clear blast the Sentinal to smithereens with the lazers and jump. Take out the three fighters asap. Target the Cruisers one by one, with medium speed move towards them, when within missile distand (2.5km) fire both. Break off and recharge (clear any fighters) then repeat the above. Start shooting when your ALMOST in range, retargeting the next ship asap! don't target more than one before breaking off and retargeting or recharging the shields.

Stealing private I.O.N.;(using the advanced bomber fitted with Cutlass in 3 bays)Take out the three fighters asap. Generally the Man-o-wars target you in the following order Left, top, bottom, transporter. Just line em up wait until your ALMOST in range and fire the missiles at the ships (Two Cutlass will destroy the Man-o-Wars) finish the transporter off by using hit and run tatics. Obviously break off the attack should any fighter ships appear. On the next level again slow down and destroy the fighters, target the four Corvettes and one Transporter one at a time 2 missiles will wipe out the Corvettes. Use hit and run tatics on the remaining Corvette and transporter.

Command and Capture:As soon as jumping turn 180 and run!! hang back until the Lobula Base's defences are off line. dispatch any fighter that comes near you. slowly progress towards the Lobula Base wiping out any fighters you meet on the way.

Holding the Fort; Same tatics as Attack on Emerald Cove. Hit and run all the way. when all seems done, stay clear of the Lobula Base. 8O

Locust MortisWell you can't have everything??? :D
Afterism (n) - A concise, clever statement you don't think of until too late.

To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer.
Addic
pm Member

trouble...

Postby Falkner » Nov 15, 2003 @ 7:59pm

i just got the registerred version of this game and i'm stuck on mission 4, either i get shot down or the bombers i disabled get destroyed, any help would be greatly appreciated
Falkner

Postby Addic » Nov 15, 2003 @ 9:13pm

Try concentrating on the fighters rather than the bombers first! When your feeling pressured (e.g. battered) try running away from the action to allow your shields time to recharge.
Afterism (n) - A concise, clever statement you don't think of until too late.

To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer.
Addic
pm Member

Postby Wannahave » Nov 16, 2003 @ 6:07pm

I found out that if i just use the emp it will be easier not to accidently destroy bombers.... I rather disable a fighter too.
Wannahave

Postby asciismoke » Jan 8, 2004 @ 5:30pm

asciismoke

Return to Anthelion

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Anthelion - The 3D space shooter game by PDAmill

Moderators:

sponge, Jaybot

Forum permissions