This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Is there any newer documentation available ?

Is there any newer documentation available ?

Postby redshift » Jun 12, 2004 @ 11:17pm

I'm trying to make some database program with the ppl version 0.5b but i'm in trouble to understand the various components related functions.

Bunch of functions are not yet documented in the CHM file i have. (Logic for a beta version)
I don't want a final docuentation specifically but even some more example or web site where i can get sample source code.

EG: how to use multiple form and opening a new one with a button. (with visual form)

I come from the php world so i'm probably expecting too much doc and samples at this state of the dev but i think it could certainly benefit to the testing.

I have found some very usefull example informations in the Editor.ppl file but not enough really.

Also, do you plan to make a datagrid component for the visual form builder ?

And last, i was looking for bunch of informations on this in the ppl language. (various small program idea):
- XML Library
- IR Remote Control & Data Transmission
- Bluetooth
- Networking (internet reading file, web services)
- Clock, Timer

Anyway, for feedback purposes:

I have some troubles at startup to have th really last version of my compiled probram on my pocketpc (when i press the test button in the interface).

I now save everywhere twice before tetsing and it works, the way the visual form work is a bit strange for me (how we edit the part of the code in the form) but anyway, it's the first time i program using a visual environnement.

It could be nice to be able to edit the visual part of the form in the same window or tabwindow, or have it docked or something like that, so componentid and menu id where directlty visible in code view.

In any case, very great work, no bug found yet for me at this time.

Regards,
redshift
pm Member

Postby kornalius » Jun 12, 2004 @ 11:50pm

Hi Redshift,

Boy that is a lot of stuff to integrate into PPL! :lol: However, I cannot take the responsability to implement all these things myself. I am going to provide more documentation and examples in the following weeks/months to help the community to add some more libraries to PPL.

Concerning the visual editor, it will go through some more improvements in the next release. I try to keep the PIDE into modular form. I have a visual editor and a source code editor. It is logical to use the source code editor when it comes time to edit the visual components code.

I understand the documentation is very weak right now but I have to fix all the bugs every new release and try to find time to add new features into PPL. It leaves very little for documentation. I will try to find somebody who can write some tutorials about the PPL language and about some of its features.

Regards,
Kornalius
kornalius
pm Member

Postby redshift » Jun 13, 2004 @ 12:03am

Hi, what a quick support response ! :-)
I made a mistake in my version number, i was using the version 0.5a, i will update now but i haven't checked my email yet.

I have some time available if you want some help for the docs.

Regards,
redshift
pm Member

Postby kornalius » Jun 14, 2004 @ 1:06am

Hi Redshift,

Thanx for the offer. Please send me an email to the beta support email address (the one from the mailing list) and we can discuss.

Regards,
Kornalius
kornalius
pm Member

Return to Pocket Programming Language (PPL)

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss this new development tool.

Moderator:

kornalius

Forum permissions