This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

9-16 pre v0.8 testing

9-16 pre v0.8 testing

Postby bmanske » Sep 16, 2004 @ 9:58pm

Kornalius,

I thought I'd start a topic dealing with the beta you just released. I get to report the first problem since PointOfLight didn't have a real bug with his #include problem.

I was just testing the install and first time run.

The problems:
- you no longer put the Lucida Console font out in the \Windows\fonts dir of my PPC.
- the options paths for the PPC carry over from install to install but the PC option for "ProJect Destination Path (On ThePC)" doesn't. I didn't test the other path option in the options dialog.
- the install creats an icon on the desktop. Running from this icon works fine. If I drag this icon to my quicklaunch bar (I have it set to autohide) and run PIDE, then I get lots of access violations. This error first showed up in the first version to have the Intel version integrated.

Thats it for now. I like the look of the VFB on the PPC. I'm looking forward to actually being able to try it.

Brad
bmanske
pm Member

Postby kornalius » Sep 16, 2004 @ 10:11pm

Hi Brad,

No problem I will look into them tomorrow. The lauchbar problem, I don't understand why it would cause access violations. I will try it out.

As for the paths not carrying over, it is a normal behavior (sort of). I have to make sure that PIDE can access PPL.EXE at the first start to load the functions list. I have to reset the default paths automatically if it's a first run.
Regards,
Kornalius
President
ArianeSoft Inc.
http://www.arianesoft.ca
kornalius
pm Member

Postby kornalius » Sep 17, 2004 @ 4:00pm

Hi Brad,

Couldn't reproduce the quicklaunch bug. Can you give a little bit more info on this issue, if there are any?

The font problem, I hope I have fixed. The file is definitely in the PPLSetup.exe package. However it might not be copied to the right location. Do you have a Fonts\ directory in your \\Windows folder on your PPC?
Regards,
Kornalius
President
ArianeSoft Inc.
kornalius
pm Member

Postby bmanske » Sep 17, 2004 @ 7:08pm

Attachments

[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

bmanske
pm Member

Postby kornalius » Sep 17, 2004 @ 7:22pm

Regards,
Kornalius
President
ArianeSoft Inc.
kornalius
pm Member

Postby bmanske » Sep 17, 2004 @ 7:43pm

bmanske
pm Member

Postby kornalius » Sep 17, 2004 @ 8:08pm

Regards,
Kornalius
President
ArianeSoft Inc.
kornalius
pm Member

Postby bmanske » Sep 17, 2004 @ 9:14pm

Kornalius,

The new version does it also. When it pops up, I can see all 7 of the access voilations at once is the only difference. I still plan on trying this later on more computers.

Brad
bmanske
pm Member

Postby bmanske » Sep 18, 2004 @ 6:06am

Kornalius,

Did I mention that again I didn't find the font installed on my PPC? Are you trying to put it on the "\windows\fonts" dir.

As for the Access Violations... I installed the newest version on another machine. This one an Athlon 3000+ the last one a 1.5Ghz Pentium.

I probably tried about 20 times to get it to fail using my method from the other machine. I was about to give up when it did it once. That was enough to make me persist. I can now get it to happen almost 100% on this one.

Take a look at the attached Task Bar capture. The task bar is organized into 2 rows, the top all the running programs, on the bottom is the quick launch bar. I copied the PIDE link and put it at the end of the quick launch items. I have it set to autohide, but I don't think that matters.

Simply, click on the link and drag the mouse slowly to the right while PIDE is opening. Again Intel must be selected as the target.

Arrrggghhh!!!... After getting ready to send this message, I started rechecking my facts and it started behaving itself again I am back down to about 1 in 3 with this method. I am certain that it has something to do with PPL for Intel because I always get a pretty good look at the little lower right compiler progress window when it blows. I'm actually thinking that it must be PPL for intel getting the access violation since PIDE finally does open.

Please give this a try.

Brad

PS. Everyone, The "Arrrggghhh" above reminds me... Talk Like a Pirate day is on Sunday Sept 19th. Go to to brush up on your pirate slang and have some pointless fun this weekend. :lol:

UPDATE: Blow me down! I forgots to add me jpeg. Argh!
Attachments

[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

bmanske
pm Member

Return to Pocket Programming Language (PPL)

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss this new development tool.

Moderator:

kornalius

Forum permissions