This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Borland Builder for PPC

Borland Builder for PPC

Postby Sassur » Nov 18, 2001 @ 5:01pm

Does anybody know if its possible to make programs for PPC in Borland Builder?
Sassur

Re: Borland Builder for PPC

Postby PDAFantast » Nov 19, 2001 @ 8:02am

Not possible.
PDAFantast.
PDAFantast
pm Member

Postby TechMage » Nov 20, 2001 @ 5:10am

I believe you can make MS-DOS applications with the Borland Builder though.  And you can buy a DOS emulator for PocketPC called PocketDos.  <br><br>Borland builder is a C++ program right?  If you are skilled in C++, you can order or download from Microsoft, embedded Visual C++.  Or you can try Orbworks Pocket C at <br><br>Best of luck!<br>   -TechMage 8)  
TechMage
pm Insider

Postby Phantom » Nov 20, 2001 @ 7:09am

Would it be an option to write a 'translator' that translates Delphi code to EVC? Just a thought. Such a tool would be a great commercial success, I believe. :)
Give me some good data and
I will give you the world
Phantom
pm Insider

Postby Sassur » Nov 20, 2001 @ 10:40am

The point is that i don't know Visual C++, and I have a student licens of C++ Builder. That's why I asked. <br><br>By the way Pocket C sucks, I looked at it when i had a Palm.
Sassur

Postby Phantom » Nov 20, 2001 @ 11:10am

You can download EVC for free. :) Should be a piece of cake to get the hang of it. Just register here, ask stupid questions and we'll have you coding cool stuff in no-time. Trust me. :)
Give me some good data and
I will give you the world
Phantom
pm Insider

Postby MirekCz » Nov 20, 2001 @ 11:11am

Sassur:for programming PPC you can download embedded VC++ from microsoft with PPC emulator (for w2k) for free. It's a 303mb download thru (the old version, don't know how much does the PPC2002 version take) , I can put it on my ftp if you have problems downloading it. I'm on a 1mbps connection(I'm from Poland)<br>Additional advantage is taht EVC++ looks and feels exactly the same way as VC++ so once you learn it you can easily start developing win9x/2k aps using VC++.<br><br>Phantom:Who needs delphi?:P :) It would be surelly possible, but it's a lot of work.. not really something for a small team. It might be a commercial success, althrought it would have some drawbacks too (for ex.it would cost quite much while evc++ is for free so most ppl(esp. hobby programmers) would go for evc++ anyway if they know c++ basics)
With best regards,
Mirek Czerwinski
MirekCz
pm Member

Postby Sassur » Nov 20, 2001 @ 7:34pm

Thanks.
Sassur

Postby Sassur » Nov 20, 2001 @ 8:23pm

I downloaded it from MS website. Going to start with reading things on MS site.
Sassur

Postby Keny » Dec 11, 2001 @ 4:22am

Why don't you give a try to eVB, it comes with eVC++.<br><br>And don't know Visual Basic programming but I have read that it is as simpler as Delphi.<br><br>But I prefer eVC++.
Keny

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

A discussion forum for mobile device developers on the Windows Mobile platform. Any platform specific topics are welcome.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Digby, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions