This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

eVC site

eVC site

Postby RwGast » Dec 20, 2001 @ 5:43pm

Is there a good site like devbuzz.com for evc?
http://www.angelfire.com/ego/esoteric if you like to play quake3 keep your eye on this site
RwGast
pm Member

Re: eVC site

Postby Phantom » Dec 21, 2001 @ 8:46am

What do you expect from such a site? I have some games / graphics coding stuff at www.pocketmatrix.com/phantom/tech.htm , but perhaps you're more into windows stuff?
Give me some good data and
I will give you the world
Phantom
pm Insider

Postby Digby » Dec 21, 2001 @ 12:24pm

The only site that I know that comes close would be pocketprojects.com.<br><br>
Digby
pm Insider

Postby simonjacobs » Dec 21, 2001 @ 12:54pm

http://www.pocketpcdn.com/ is a nice place for interesting tips.<br>
simonjacobs
pm Insider

Postby RwGast » Dec 21, 2001 @ 3:17pm

Thanks this is going on my bookmarks. Does anyone know where i can find out what i need to do to port all my simple windows apps in c to the ppc. They should all work no special libraries or anything but i know nothing about unicode.<br><br>Btw this thing has an article on SIP's in ce :).
http://www.angelfire.com/ego/esoteric if you like to play quake3 keep your eye on this site
RwGast
pm Member

Postby simonjacobs » Dec 21, 2001 @ 6:52pm

Hi,<br><br>I'll give you any help I can. Basically you just need to use the unicode versions of functions, and use L"string constant"<br><br>Simon.<br>
simonjacobs
pm Insider

Postby RwGast » Dec 21, 2001 @ 7:26pm

Well see im doing a ppc program in half eVC and eVB. I dont know C++ only C, on the pc i can create windows and hook messages barely with plain ol' C. I mostly use C to write dll's to do stuff quicker than vb can and then i use those dll's in my vb program. So i dont know alot about unicode or anything and i need to make a SIP that will have a keyboard and a transcriber clone in one, this is my first attempt at writing like tis in C im almost positive ill need to know C++ and com though :(. Do you think maybe you can help me figure out how to do this stuff? The first problem i have ran into is when you write a new keyboard how the hell do you add it to ce's little input list that contain transcriber,char recongnizer and the keyboard. I looked through the eVC msdn equivalent and think theres enough info there for me to write the transcriber part with little help. Also do you use eVB? do you know if you can use msvc++ dlls in it or if you have to write the dll's in eVC
RwGast
pm Member

Postby simonjacobs » Dec 21, 2001 @ 7:32pm

Thats quite a complicated thing to do I think :)<br>I'm not sure, but you might have to write it purely in c++, I could be wrong.<br><br>I have written a few small programs in VB on the desktop, but really I only program in C++ and have only used evc++ on the ppc.<br><br>I cant really help you with vb and interfacing dll's but I can do my best to help you with c++ and evc++. I prefer writing games but I know quite a bit about standard Win32/MFC programming.
simonjacobs
pm Insider

Postby RwGast » Dec 21, 2001 @ 7:38pm

errr ok maybe you can help me with this. Is there a doc where i can quickly learn to write from C to C++ and use mfc. It seams like this is the only way to go to write windows apps. On the pc i just use pure c as andre lamouth says #WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN no mfc no classes purley api calls. This was less of a learning curve for me since i am professional vb programmer who writes 50% or more of his vb apps using api.
RwGast
pm Member

Postby simonjacobs » Dec 21, 2001 @ 7:41pm

Er, to learn c++/MFC you would need to read a few books I reckon.<br><br>I'm sure what you need could be done with pure c and the Win32 API actually. When I said 'c++' above I really only meant not VB!<br><br>It may or may not be possible with vb, but its the sort of thing that really should be done in c in the end. I'm currently looking up the commands to add an input panel, I'll let you know what i find.
simonjacobs
pm Insider

Postby simonjacobs » Dec 21, 2001 @ 7:48pm

Oh dear:<br><br>"An input method is an in-process COM server that implements the IInputMethod interface."<br><br>I think you will have trouble doing that without learning COM as you said above :(<br>
simonjacobs
pm Insider

Postby RwGast » Dec 21, 2001 @ 7:53pm

Ok well here we go, the transcriber/kb mix will be its own c application to go along with an eVB app, so evb has nothing to do with this part. I understand com a lil from vb. I just need to know how to add a kb/transcriber mix. What do i need to learn MFC, the ++ of c, and some basic com? I want to learn this quick though i mean the evb app will take me 3 weeks at most and i want to release this asap so i need a qucik way of learning how to make win apps like thin in evc.
RwGast
pm Member

Postby simonjacobs » Dec 21, 2001 @ 8:08pm

Its quite involved to learn c++/MFC/COM. I can recommend some good books on c++ and MFC if you like.<br><br>What program are you writing anyway? Would it be possible, instead of doing a full SIP panel for general use, to just write a custom input method for the one program you are doing? That would be way easier. It could just be part of the program.
simonjacobs
pm Insider

Postby RwGast » Dec 21, 2001 @ 8:15pm

Im doing a ppc HTML editor, yes i could make a better method of input but i think it would kick some ass if u popped up a kb with html commands on it pressed the bold command and used a transcriber method to fill the text into it. My other reason for this is i want to start doing things in c++ all my ado stuff, i know know u need to know com and shit for ado. I have a c++ book to learn classes etc but i what would i use to learn mfc and com? I figure i know how windows works i know how windows works API wise. I could write some moderate stuff in msvc++ using c and api. So i figure if i learn classes, wich i know a little of from vb and a lil java dabbeling mfc should be cake compared to strait api. Also i know a lil about com from using vb and asp.
RwGast
pm Member

Postby simonjacobs » Dec 21, 2001 @ 8:21pm

The best book on mfc I know of is:<br><br>Programming Windows with MFC<br>Jeff Prosise<br><br>Its really good.<br><br>I'm just saying it might be easier to have a toolbar with html buttons on and pop up the normal transcriber/keyboard when the user selects one :) not as cool but easier :)<br><br>Also, in terms of user interface, some users might object if you install an html keyboard to the sip when its main use would be in a single program.
simonjacobs
pm Insider

Next

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

A discussion forum for mobile device developers on the Windows Mobile platform. Any platform specific topics are welcome.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Digby, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions