This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Need some direction/help

Need some direction/help

Postby Ir0nman » Sep 29, 2005 @ 6:10pm

Ir0nman
pm Member

Postby refractor » Sep 29, 2005 @ 10:42pm

If I understand correctly, you'd like to share your PocketPC's internet connection with whichever computer it's attached to via a USB cable.

This should not be too hard. I'm pretty sure that the ActiveSync USB connection provices the PocketPC with an IP address that the computer can talk to. All you should have to do is set up a proxy on the PocketPC to route between its USB IP and its external IP.

The OS on the PocketPC itself doesn't seem to support that, but you could probably locate a SOCKS proxy and port it. Then set the proxy config on the attached machine and you're good to go.
refractor
pm Insider

Postby Ir0nman » Oct 4, 2005 @ 1:48am

I've been looking for a proxy library that I could use for development for my application, but I'm having a tough time finding a lot of information on anything. Does anyone know of some source code that I could look at, or some good documentation.
Thanks,
Rich
Ir0nman
pm Member

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

A discussion forum for mobile device developers on the Windows Mobile platform. Any platform specific topics are welcome.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Digby, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions