This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Can I debug on device using eVC4 & WM5 device?

Can I debug on device using eVC4 & WM5 device?

Postby Conan » Nov 11, 2005 @ 1:55pm

Having installed eVC4 and all the required sp4, SDK for WM2003 2nd ed etc I find that I can build & download but not debug.
As you may know the WM5 sdk is apparently for VS2005 only. The install won't run without VS2005 & I can't find any success story of someone hacking the SDK & getting it working with eVC4.

I have the VS2005 beta but don't want to go that way as I would be forced to buy VS2005 at UK prices when available. As I understand it it's going to be possible to buy a C# (maybe C++) only version of VS but even so it will be pricey.

Any advice on how to work using eVC4 would be appreciated. I am beginning to worry that this is the end of cheap PocketPC development :(

PS: I realised I could poke around in the SDK by extracting the contents with 'msiexec /a sdkname.....'
I assume that cleverer people than me will be able to use the emulator images etc.
see this site where I found the extract info
What is Best in Life ?
Conan
pm Member

Postby S-Lidge » Nov 12, 2005 @ 12:52pm

Last edited by S-Lidge on Nov 12, 2005 @ 3:52pm, edited 1 time in total.
S-Lidge
pm Member

Postby Conan » Nov 12, 2005 @ 1:58pm

What is Best in Life ?
Conan
pm Member

Postby S-Lidge » Nov 12, 2005 @ 3:50pm

I guess you're right.

After reading the product comparison chart, I see that mobile devices aren't supported. I will edit my previous post, so people won't get their hopes up :(
S-Lidge
pm Member

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

A discussion forum for mobile device developers on the Windows Mobile platform. Any platform specific topics are welcome.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Digby, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions