This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Strangest support request yet ?

Strangest support request yet ?

Postby Conan » Dec 19, 2005 @ 8:43pm

I had a series of emails from a chap who claimed to be a registered user. He supplied no valid information and demanded a CD with a registration key on it ???? He then proceeded to threaten to besmirch (hey that's a great word) the name of SundialSoft each day to his 'class of pupils'.
As you might expect I have no trace of any such user.

Who has a better story than mine, must be lots of them :)
What is Best in Life ?
Conan
pm Member

Postby torus » Dec 19, 2005 @ 9:58pm

We had a guy who complained about our registration system. His mails where rude, very rude. Full of insults and hatred.

Well, we're professionals, so we ignored the insult-part and run his registration by hand. After all we want happy customers, don't we?

Guess what: He tried to register with a key that was on our blacklist (e.g. keys that appeared in so called cracks of our game).

Also he wasn't the original owner of the game. Just a dork that tried to install a crack.

In this case our registration system replies rather polite, explains the situation and offers download links to the free demo and a link where one can buy the game.

That was really funny. If it would happen to me, I would keep my mouth shut, but he started a flamewar with us. How stupid is that?

Btw, another very strange thing happends two years ago, when someone working at a really large company that sells cpu's and that everyone here knows tried to register the game.

He registers first time.. ok.
He registers second time on a different device.. ok. Maybe he want to show the game to a workmate or something.

After the forth of fifth time we locked the key for a week.

Two days later we got a registration that was formally ok (all checksumms where fine). Problem was, that the key also contains unique serials, and his unique serial didn't ever existed.

Guess some very naughty developer was playing a bit to much with his debugger somewhere. :)
torus
pm Member

Postby rcp » Dec 23, 2005 @ 7:36pm

We had a guy who transfered VPool license 6 times and then emailed to say how pissed he was that it no longer worked on the first machine. We explained that a transfer is just that, it transfers it to the new machine which means it doesn't work on the old machine. He then, of course, transfered it back to the original machine. Our guess is that there are 5 unhappy 'friends' of his that can't play VPool online anymore. :)
rcp
pm Member

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

A discussion forum for mobile device developers on the Windows Mobile platform. Any platform specific topics are welcome.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Digby, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions