This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Handango and PocketGear

Postby modaco » Jan 13, 2006 @ 10:37am

Well, we're a developer centric store, so if you have any ideas, then i'd love to hear them.

The regular style of most popular titles / newest titles / updated titles obviously won't favour Nutcracker 2006, but there are other ways... special offers, reviews etc. etc.

P
modaco
pm Member

Released!

Postby vernicaperni » Jan 17, 2006 @ 12:03pm

We've finally released our product, and posted the announcement here:

http://www.pocketmatrix.com/forums/view ... hp?t=22934

It's currently for sale on PocketGear and Handango.

Phantom, I like the idea of creating a website. In your opinion, would it be a shared site, or a portal leading to the developers homepages? How would the administration be organised?
vernicaperni
pm Member

Postby Phantom » Jan 17, 2006 @ 12:53pm

Well there are some options. The simplest idea is to just have a 'shopwindow' that contains banners and short text lines for the products of the participating developers. Each banner could link to a page on the same host, perhaps in a uniform style, or it could link to a totally different page, where you can handle credit card payments, plug other products and so on. We could also do the credit card stuff on the same host, so that all product pages have the same look and feel, but you would still need to handle your own payments (can't do that centrally without a lot of effort).

The biggest advantage of such a page is that we can help eachother to get more exposure. We would plug the site whenever our product is mentioned, and this means more attention for all of us. Besides, your product will be on the site much longer, although this is only an advantage if the site 'lives'. We could keep away the endless game clones, so to the customer, the site represents the 'active developers' and the 'state of the art'.

I am not sure if enough people are interested, as Modaco sounds like a reasonable alternative to Handango as well.
Give me some good data and
I will give you the world
Phantom
pm Insider

Previous

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

A discussion forum for mobile device developers on the Windows Mobile platform. Any platform specific topics are welcome.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Digby, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions