This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Running PPC games on ARM embedded controller boards?

Running PPC games on ARM embedded controller boards?

Postby wayne » Mar 27, 2006 @ 5:23pm

I have been thinking, is it possible to run WinCE, or Mobile 5, games on ARM based embedded micro-controller boards that support the Windows OS's. I understand that the latest version of non PC windows (like Mobile 5.0) might allow this.

It might be possible to make a proper gaming machines with proper controls out of something like this.

Thanks

Wayne.
wayne
pm Member

Re: Running PPC games on ARM embedded controller boards?

Postby mamaich » Mar 27, 2006 @ 11:07pm

It should be possible to run most of PocketPC apps if you'll compile a WinCE for that platform. Take a trial PlatformBuilder 5.0 from MS, design your BSP and try yourself. I assume that you have complete information about your hardware, and it meets WinCE requirements.
mamaich
pm Member

Postby wayne » Mar 28, 2006 @ 11:02am

Thanks. Different boards have their own Win-CE. I don't now about which over windows versions they might have, but I imagine they have he same root core as Mobile 5.0.

I haven't settled on a board, but I know that MS tried to license to a number of the manufacturers.

It makes me think, maybe their is a PPC emulator for the PSP or the future GamePark machines. I like the style of the games I see on the Pocket PC, but using it as a game machine leaves a bit to be desired (let alone the pricing).
wayne
pm Member

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

A discussion forum for mobile device developers on the Windows Mobile platform. Any platform specific topics are welcome.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Digby, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions