This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Porting

Porting

Postby Qualmatan » May 14, 2006 @ 3:57pm

This is going to be a stupid noob question, but... :oops:
How exactly do you port something to the pocket pc?
Qualmatan
pm Member

Postby refractor » May 14, 2006 @ 9:37pm

You do stuff.

You might want to be a bit specific about exactly what you want to port and then people can be more specific about what stuff you'd likely need to do...
refractor
pm Insider

Postby Qualmatan » May 14, 2006 @ 11:03pm

If you have a program and you want to port it to the pocket pc to use it... Like, say, Dev C++ (http://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html) or another program... How would you go about porting the program with the source code? What changes (I assume you would) would you have to make? Like, if I gave you the source code to a program, could you show me how to port it to the pocket pc?
Qualmatan
pm Member

Postby gamefreaks » May 16, 2006 @ 1:49pm

What if everything is an illusion and nothing exists? In that case, I definitely overpaid for my carpet. -Woody Allen
gamefreaks
pm Insider

Postby russose » Jun 29, 2006 @ 4:24pm

Hi,

It is also related the the first design decision of the project. If the author decided to design a portable code, taking care to respect as many standarts as possible, isolating "platform specific" stuff, then you will have a good chance to succeed because you will only have to work on a small subset of missing functions.

But if some asumption where considered, like the screen size, no flexibility in the GUI, that can be quite difficult. If your application is running on Windows, mac and linux, it will probably also run on your pocketpc.

Salvatore
Blender is now in your Pocket
http://russose.free.fr/
russose
pm Member

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

A discussion forum for mobile device developers on the Windows Mobile platform. Any platform specific topics are welcome.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Digby, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions