This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

help installing eVC++ 4.0

help installing eVC++ 4.0

Postby edwinomarshall » Jun 12, 2006 @ 5:57am

edwinomarshall
pm Member

Postby napoleondynamite » Jun 14, 2006 @ 10:41am

napoleondynamite
pm Member

Postby BIGBEN » Jun 14, 2006 @ 1:03pm

BIGBEN
pm Member

Postby edwinomarshall » Jun 16, 2006 @ 7:01am

Alright, I restored my system to an earlier time and got most everything to install. I was test compiling the examples that came with evc, but it said some files were missing and couldn't be loaded into the workspace. I'm currently (as in this very moment) uninstalling and reinstalling evc, platman, evc sp4, and the pocketfrog library (in that order).

Is there maybe an alternative (free) IDE I can work with? Or at least a compiler that I can use with dev-c++ along with the instructions on how to set it up?
edwinomarshall
pm Member

Postby kimstudio » Jul 27, 2006 @ 8:13am

try to find a pc that has evc installed, then copy out all include & lib from the sdk dirs and bin files from the installed evc dirs (don't forget copy rc.exe and rcdll.dll). try to find nmake15.exe on net. you will have a flashing speed console ce compiler and builder. (i can't bear the cygwin version of ce building tools)

use evc one time to export a makefile file then you will know how to write makefiles.

problem: no emulation, you can download standalone version of ppc emulator.

all work well. (do this because i met the same problem of the ce platfrom installation, can never install it! never let me know the reason, just rollback to nothing!!!)
kimstudio
pm Member

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

A discussion forum for mobile device developers on the Windows Mobile platform. Any platform specific topics are welcome.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Digby, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions