This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

how to capture buttons from Bluetooth headsets?

how to capture buttons from Bluetooth headsets?

Postby The PocketTV Team » May 17, 2007 @ 10:38pm

The PocketTV Team
pm Member

Postby mm40 » May 17, 2007 @ 11:26pm

mm40
pm Member

Postby The PocketTV Team » May 17, 2007 @ 11:38pm

The PocketTV Team
pm Member

Postby Dan East » May 18, 2007 @ 12:07am

Dan East
Site Admin

Postby The PocketTV Team » May 18, 2007 @ 12:15am

The PocketTV Team
pm Member

Postby Dan East » May 18, 2007 @ 12:58am

I'm sort of replying to your other thread here too (about the notification broker).

Probably the only way to pull off the level of control you require is to implement A2DP via both types of stacks within your app. You would search for and find headsets, connect to them, and stream the data yourself. That might solve your latency issue too, if the problem is on the PPC side.

Well, I would have to say it would be really, really tough to pull off. Try finding some sources dealing with A2DP. Keep in mind anything you implement will have to be done for both the MS and Widcomm bluetooth APIs, which are as different as they could be.

I don't know what type of service the headphones would expose for the buttons, or if perhaps that is included in A2DP.

Sorry, but I have zero experience when it comes to A2DP specifics, and can only provide the most rudimentary BT advice. In my case, I've implemented a PC based custom BT service (a crude TCP/IP proxy server) running on the MS stack, and a client end on the PPC supporting both MS and Widcomm stacks, that allows me to transfer data back and forth between the two. The PDA initiates the connection, and will iterate all BT devices and find one running my service, and make a connection if one is found.

So I don't have experience using any of the standardized BT services at all. I use the RFCOMM protocol (which is one of the few the MS stack supports), and am proprietary on both ends.

You can over the two BT APIs if you want more specifics on how they differ.

Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

A discussion forum for mobile device developers on the Windows Mobile platform. Any platform specific topics are welcome.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Digby, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions