This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

List of handheld development systems, engines, tools etc?

List of handheld development systems, engines, tools etc?

Postby wayne » Jun 25, 2007 @ 8:37pm

I would like to make an list of all known development systems, engines, API's, languages, and tools, for current handhelds. I also am particularly interested in ones that offer cross platform development with other platforms, like Palm, PSP, Nintendo, Windows, Mac, Linux, Amiga, MS-Dos etc).

This comes out of my experience in trying to get basic information on modern development, in another thread. I landed up spending maybe around 40 or 50 hours digging up lots of information myself. This thread is specifically on everything, rather than just ease of use, and I hope it will help many new people in the future.

http://www.pocketmatrix.com/forums/view ... sc&start=0

To start things off (I should get around to copying relevant links from the other thread latter, it is late here) if people can just post the ones they know with any information they might know about the following:

- Type of product (Authorware, Development system/environment, engine, API's, languages, and type of tools, links to freeware/open-source code segments and scripts that really aid development would also be alright).
- Name of, by manufacturer
- Basic description of (does this and that, is good for, covers these things, has anything special etc)
- Basic areas covered (3D type, sound, physics, game development, forms, FPS, or multi-player etc)
- Range of functionality, from one level to another:
Non programmer(authorware no programming or scripting), aided aided+scripting (has aids to replace some programming, but still requires scripting), aided+programming, scripting (no aids), basic (programming in easy languages), comprehensive (mid level programming), expert (programming level), and assembler).
- Range of skill covered, from one level to another, 1=beginner, 2=easy, 4=hard, 5=difficult (if you don't know it doesn't matter somebody else might).
- Platforms supported (handheld and non handheld systems supported).
- Link to site.

Information on products that are expected to support handhelds, or particular new features, in future, are welcome too.

If anybody has links to other lists, that would be good too, but I would hope to have the handheld development tools on them listed here to.

If anybody wants to share their opinion on how good an product is, it's weak or strong points, it is an free forum.

Thanks for your help.

Wayne.
wayne
pm Member

Return to Windows Mobile

Forum Description

A discussion forum for mobile device developers on the Windows Mobile platform. Any platform specific topics are welcome.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Digby, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions