This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

MS Word

Re: MS Word

Postby Dr. Phat » Apr 21, 2001 @ 6:05am

Dan-<br>I was joking. I say that too often, im gona cut down on my joking~
Mike Greene
"Quanti est illa perna?" (How much is that ham)
Dr. Phat
the <i>phattest</i>

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 21, 2001 @ 7:24am

phat, just put a disclaimer in your signature then u can say fuck fuckfuckcufuckfuckf and its cool :)
Moose or Chuck

Postby suchiaruzu » May 6, 2001 @ 1:10pm

YEAH!<br>That's it! I've been looking for a better version of Pocket Word since I was six. Okay, since I got my PocketPC and tried it, but that's not important. It should be supporting:<br>-tables (!!!)<br>-more than 16 Colors for the Font<br>-maybe a bagground colour<br>-full screen view<br>-bitmaps to paste into<br>-easy import of other fonts<br>and so on!<br>This would be cool...!
<div align="center">Image<br></div>
suchiaruzu
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 6, 2001 @ 1:49pm

well i quit that because i don't know enough about C++ i have a ton of information if anyone wants to pick up the project. I may still work on a NSBasic one but i'm not promising much.
Moose or Chuck

Postby k » May 6, 2001 @ 10:26pm

Yeah... it seems that Pocket Word Plus just isn't going to happen. Oh well -- <br><br>As far as seeing a full page document/outline view what I'm currently doing is using Virtual Display. With a landscape resolution of 640x480. Viewing the document at 100% without word wrap gives a very accurate depiction of how the printed document will look. It's not perfect, but very very accurate. Obviously the text is extremely small (readable, but tiiiiiiiny), but it is just an outline view after all.<br><br>More than 16 colors for Word... I'm not sure how useful that is. I think generally in one document people might use 2 colors at the most anyway... The more colors you start adding to word documents the larger the files are going to get. I think the 16 basic colors are pretty good. <br><br>Easily importing fonts - it's already easy. Just copy it from your PC and paste it in the Fonts folder of your Pocket PC. (doesn't get easier than that). The fonts generally look very good. I'm sure to have in Times New Roman, because that's the font I use when I write papers... I've always wondered why they didn't have that one pre-installed... Doesn't everyone use Times New Roman.... Moving on...<br><br>Page breaks - doing some experimenting I found that pocket work can't view or add page breaks but respects them anyway. That is very very good news. That means if you are editing a document with page breaks already in it, they will not be deleted. That kicks ass because I personally use page breaks all the time. You can't see them in Pocket Word, but they are still there and move along with the text)<br><br>Headers, footers, page numbers.... arggg Pocket Words just deletes them. I'm not holding out for any sort of program to correct that. I've just learned to not put in page numbers, headers or footers until the very very last draft of anything.<br><br>What I am holding out for (Chuck and anyone else who will listen) is a spell check utility. Not necesarrily some fancy smancy 5MB program - just a tiny text box spell check program. Like I highlight the words I want checked and run the program. <br><br>That, I know can be done. There are a million text box spell checkers for palm and I think one could be done for the Pocket Pc. Especially if transciber has a built in dictionary.<br><br>I think if someone was to release something like that the Pocket PC world would be a much better place.<br><br>
k
pm Member

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 7, 2001 @ 3:32pm

i checked into it, the dictonary is very limited, somebody would have to write a reallllllly long list, another one of the things i have no desire to do :)
Moose or Chuck

Previous

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

A discussion forum for mobile device developers on the Windows Mobile platform. Any platform specific topics are welcome.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Digby, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions