This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Help Please

Help Please

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jun 13, 2001 @ 12:04pm

Moose or Chuck

Re: Help Please

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jun 13, 2001 @ 12:27pm

Moose or Chuck

Postby Richard » Jun 13, 2001 @ 12:33pm

Richard

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jun 13, 2001 @ 12:40pm

Moose or Chuck

Postby Malmer » Jun 13, 2001 @ 12:45pm

All your base are belong to us
Malmer
pm Member

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jun 13, 2001 @ 1:41pm

I think Jimmy was the one behind the "All your base" thing. And it wasn't intentional. It was probably his predecessor to Turjah, which was leaked out, so he canned it. But that's just my theory.
Moose or Chuck

Postby randall » Jun 13, 2001 @ 2:26pm

I can't see that dinky ass code on my screen, so I'll just GUESS at what it says.<br><br>It looks like you are bitblt-ing each pixel while you are trying to resize it. I ran across that problem a long time ago- and it is slow as hell.<br><br>A much faster way is to run a loop that resizes and stores it in a buffer. Then bitblt the entire image to the screen.<br><br>bitblt is to slow to work with single pixels, and is much more efficient with copying larger images from a buffer to the screen.<br><br>I think that is what Frederik was trying to say.
randall
pm Insider

Postby Richard » Jun 13, 2001 @ 3:28pm

Ohhhhh you're _Scaling_ this stuff...<br><br>Honestly, I think DX8 is mature enough right now that it would make this a very trivial matter - scaling bitmaps is very built-in, and I _heard_ initialization of the graphics was a snap.<br><br>If you ever needed to scale bitmaps on devices that do not have DirectX, a quick and easy way is to use a pair of DDA's (differential data analyzers) to determine which columns/rows to skip or repeat.  This is similar to Bresenham's line drawing algorithm would draw a line of different slopes, using simple integer math.<br><br>- Richard
Richard

Postby Malmer » Jun 13, 2001 @ 4:00pm

Randall: That was what I was trying to say, except for that my name is spelled Fredrik. :)<br><br>As for "All your base are belong to us"...your theory might have some truth in it ;), but the original is from a sega genesis game named Zero Wing. Do a search on all your base...and you will get all the info you need.<br><br>Personally I think "Can you save your earth planet" is "better". Specially since it is in a banner, and the fact that it is NEW. Some mispeligns (smile) are ok, but not an obvious error like that in the banner...<br><br>// F
All your base are belong to us
Malmer
pm Member

Postby Digby » Jun 13, 2001 @ 4:58pm

Quit messing around and just use StretchBlt.<br><br>
Digby
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jun 14, 2001 @ 5:25am

hahaha, thanks digby, i completely forgot about that. umm code example smart guy :) I guess i could find some at planetsource.com but i'm lazy. Well after this, its just on to figuring out how to save where a bitmap is placed on a window and i'll have a basic editor :) runnin along smoothly. I'll probably have a simple beta for you to test Fredrik in like hrmmm.. by monday or so. I gotta werk alot this week some i'm not sure.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jun 14, 2001 @ 5:27am

O ya another thing, is strechblt available in eVB, i was thinking about building another copy of this editor for ppc when i finish with the desktop version. I think that would be incredibly cool, play the map you just made :)
Moose or Chuck

Postby Digby » Jun 14, 2001 @ 11:14am

Chuck,<br><br>I'm not VB saavy so I can't give you a sample using StretchBlt in your native tongue.  It's basically the same API as BitBlt but has more params so that you can specify the size of both the source and destination rectangles.  If you think you could benefit from a sample using the API written in C I'd be happy to oblige.<br><br>StretchBlt is supported in the Pocket PC SDK.<br><br>
Digby
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jun 14, 2001 @ 10:45pm

good deal, I'll just find some samples on planetsourcecode.com that place is invaluable in learning anything. And  good, i hope i can get a usable version for ppc i would very much like it. well i'm gonna werk on this code a bunch tonight.
Moose or Chuck

Postby jongjungbu » Jun 19, 2001 @ 1:04pm

Seems to me the editor might be kinda slow on a Pocket PC if using an inherent blit routine in the SDK--especially if the person starts scrolling around their newly designed map in it. But, I'm no expert. GAPI would be good. I did some scaling in some game or so back around DirectX6 but I can't seem to find the source code right now :(<br>Ah well...<br>
jongjungbu
Not JongJongBu

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

A discussion forum for mobile device developers on the Windows Mobile platform. Any platform specific topics are welcome.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Digby, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions