This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

PocketPC Games

PocketPC Games

Postby Paul » Jun 21, 2001 @ 5:32am

i was thinking... when i'm doing okay with eVC and stuff, maybe i could make a little game. something along the lines of argentum - not an rts, but something smaller that maybe one person could do (NOT poccer). the problem is every game has been made really. we've got 3d shooters, flight sims, racing games, realtime strategy. i really wanted to do a 3d engine of sorts (nothing too complicated, if possible), but there doesnt seem to be much demand. what do you think?
Paul
pm Insider

Re: PocketPC Games

Postby Paul » Jun 21, 2001 @ 7:21am

hmm, sorry if that sounded lame.
Paul
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jun 21, 2001 @ 8:53am

There's demand. Make an RPG game, like Zelda, or even better, Final Fantasy.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Paul » Jun 21, 2001 @ 8:59am

i hate final fantasy. ugh. etc.
Paul
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jun 21, 2001 @ 9:47am

How can you hate Final Fantasy? Are you ok?<br>Make Zelda then, that would be better for a pocketpc anyway.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Paul » Jun 21, 2001 @ 9:54am

final fantasy is fucking shit. dont bring it up again.<br><br>wouldnt zelda need all the graphics and stuff from the original games? where could i get those and would i be allowed?
Paul
pm Insider

Postby Jon » Jun 21, 2001 @ 10:34am

I don't think that you should worry about genres. How many strategy games are there on the PC? Try at least few 100. How many on PPC? One in development. By this I'm basically trying to say, theres nothing wrong with a bit of competition! If you want to do something which in my opinion would sell loads, go for a Civilisation/Alpha Centauri clone. That would be pretty popular and it would be suited to PPC (no keyboard required)
Jon

Postby Paul » Jun 21, 2001 @ 11:32am

ic ould make money eh? as long as it doesnt turn out like poccer of course
Paul
pm Insider

Postby jongjungbu » Jun 21, 2001 @ 12:58pm

What are you talking about?! Last time I checked, ...ok checked again....Poccer got 70 Downloads!!! Poccer has become Popular!<br><br>And zero of them purchased it? Heh.<br><br>I say make any bloody thing you want. There is something of every genre out there now on PPC, but not a lot of choices. Except maybe in the area of Tetris. Anyone who plays video games, I'm sure has more than one type of a particular genre. I loved Warcraft II (still do). It's an RTS. I also like AOEII. And I bought and played both. So please go for whatever you desire. As Jon said, competition never hurt. And having a little variety on my PPC wouldn't hurt either. <br><br>BTW, Final Fantasy vs. Zelda? You can't compare them. Zelda was action adventure, FF was turn-based RPG. And they were both awesome in their time. I still like Zelda but if you use its graphics set, then you couldn't make any money off of it (obvious legality issues).<br><br>I am working on a simple RPG, along the lines of Dragon Warrior. But believe me, it is very simple. Not as simple as Poccer, but I'm not using GAPI. Heh. So pretty much its static if yer not looking. (Which is good if yer in a board meeting I guess.)<br><br>Enough!<br><br>Last modification: JongJungBu - 06/21/01 at 09:58:54
jongjungbu
Not JongJongBu

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jun 21, 2001 @ 3:18pm

MAKE A ZELDA CLONE!!!!!!!!! i was thinkin of makin one a while ago. Zelda ownz. Me and my friend just went to a yard sale and bought a nintendo with Zeldad. Holy shit, i forgot how fun that game is. We've played it nonestop for 2 days. Next i'm goin to get Excitebike and TMNT the arcade game from funcoland.
Moose or Chuck

Postby suchiaruzu » Jun 21, 2001 @ 3:29pm

Yeah, that was fun! Oh boy, I think I'm gonna serch the next flewmarket for that...
<div align="center">Image<br></div>
suchiaruzu
pm Insider

Postby jongjungbu » Jun 21, 2001 @ 3:52pm

Good ole Funco..last time I checked, you could sell them Duck Hunt for $-0.99. Yep, you would have to pay them almost a dollar to take that off your hands. :)
jongjungbu
Not JongJongBu

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jun 21, 2001 @ 5:35pm

nintendo is the best console. It had something forgotten in todays  world GAMEPLAY. They couldn't make awsome graphics or complex sound  effects, but everyone understood what was happening and loved it. Nintendo ownz all, screw sega, screw ps, screw microsoft. Nintendo is god. too mad they are gonna go broke :*(
Moose or Chuck

Postby 999 » Jun 21, 2001 @ 5:49pm

Chuck, Nintendo can't go broke.<br><br>They're far smarter than your average company. For instance, Mr.Yamauchi was going to scrap the GameCube if it didn't do well at E3. He knows the US will be his largest market, and wants to make sure he's absolutely going to move product. <br><br>Their only failure, the Virtualboy was blamed soley on it's creator, Mr.Gumpei. The father of the Gameboy, he was a "revolutionary" on the hardware front, and was rumored to be creating his own console/handheld (one or the other). Sadly, after the failure, he was given a window seat in the NCL offices (this is a total disgrace position, as it removes you as an active participant)). He was later struck down by a car on the freeway, and in Japan's 90+ percentile of solved crimes, this one is still unsolved. I heard Konami had Yakuza ties, so Nintendo must be OG since they go back over 100 years during the time of the Samurai.<br><br>So to sum it all up, if they have another bad apple, the creator will soon see his life flash before his eyes at an early age. Quite a motivator if you ask me.<br><br>Oh, and last I remember from some years back, the Big N had roughly 3 Trillion in liquid assets.<br>
pm Member

Postby Diego Cueva » Jun 22, 2001 @ 9:30am

--------------------------

Last modification: Diego Cueva - 04/31/03 at 17:32:04
I´m currently listening to my PC´s fan
SMRF founder
Peace
Diego Cueva
pm Insider

Next

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

A discussion forum for mobile device developers on the Windows Mobile platform. Any platform specific topics are welcome.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Digby, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions