This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Music and or SFX in PPC Games

Re: Music and or SFX in PPC Games

Postby jongjungbu » Jun 26, 2001 @ 1:37pm

Now that you mention it. <br>i c
jongjungbu
Not JongJongBu

Postby jongjungbu » Jun 26, 2001 @ 1:38pm

Why must everydhing in Windows be an LPSTR or an LPCSTR and so on. I'm tired of these _functions and _T()'s everywhere. There must be a simpler way of handling these that I'm not aware of.
jongjungbu
Not JongJongBu

Postby 999 » Jun 26, 2001 @ 1:38pm

I forgot to turn all my RGB screenshots to CMYK for the ONI guide. It's a simple photoshop action, so converting 1200+ shots was easy. The bitch was figuring out the shots were still RGB, and then updating each and every page I laid out with the new shots. Quark is gay in that it also saves file creation dates to it's working documents. This means if I update a shot, I've also got to update it in Quark (the program used to create page layouts found in magazines etc.), otherwise it will report it missing or "modified" when I go to spool it. I think it was 212 pages long *grubmle*...<br><br>That stupid mistake made me miss fedex, and I had to do that rip off "buy your package a plane ticket and away it goes in a cozy seat" deal for 180 bux. <br><br>Talk about grey hairs, shit, I got a wrinkle or two from that ordeal as well...<br><br>
pm Member

Postby jongjungbu » Jun 26, 2001 @ 1:41pm

Wrinkles? You got something perverse to say on that, Paul....ummm...nevermind..don't go there.
jongjungbu
Not JongJongBu

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jun 26, 2001 @ 2:02pm

But I'm a good boy... ;D
Moose or Chuck

Postby Dan East » Jun 26, 2001 @ 4:25pm

JJB: There's no simpler way. Windows CE is Unicode, so as far as system calls go you cannot use char arrays. You could use short instead, or WCHAR, but it is much safer to use TCHAR because it will be defined appropriately at compile time depending on whether or not it is a Unicode build. So always use _t routines so you can build for either ANSI or Unicode down the road.<br>So if you had a Unicode build, those defines would eventually become: <br><br>LPCTSTR: const short *<br>LPTSTR: short *<br>TCHAR: short<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby jongjungbu » Jun 26, 2001 @ 4:29pm

I see.<br>Well, at least then I know I'm not doing anything 'wrong' per se.<br>Surprisingly I'm able to work with it and obtain the desired results.
jongjungbu
Not JongJongBu

Previous

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

A discussion forum for mobile device developers on the Windows Mobile platform. Any platform specific topics are welcome.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Digby, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions