This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

How to program for WinCE 2.0 with eMb 3.0?

How to program for WinCE 2.0 with eMb 3.0?

Postby Daywalker » Jun 27, 2001 @ 4:01pm

I here any WinCE programmer using eMb 3.0 to develop for WinCE 2.0? <br>Could you please explain me what you installed and how you configurated the tools?<br><br>Thanks.
Daywalker
pm Member

Re: How to program for WinCE 2.0 with eMb 3.0?

Postby Dan East » Jun 27, 2001 @ 6:46pm

Florian, I've used eVC to build CE 2.0 apps since it was released (prior to that, since 1997, I used the VC++ WinCE add-on toolkits). To verify I created a new project as you did (WCE Application, A Typical Hello World... ). I hit F7, copied the resulting SH3 exe to my HP 360LX SH3 device running WinCE 2.0, and it works perfectly.<br><br>Make certain you have H/PC Ver. 2.00 selected as the Active WCE Configuration. In the eVC toolbar you should see 3 droplists side by side. The second should say H/PC Ver. 2.00, and the 3rd should say Win32 (WCE SH3) Release or Win32 (WCE SH3) Debug:<br>Image<br><br>Here's the SH3 exe to test on your device. If it doesn't work, something is wrong with your HPC:<br><br>You can send me the exe you generated if you like and I can verify the target processor, OS version, etc.<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Daywalker » Jun 28, 2001 @ 2:41am

Oh, thats the problem...<br>Im always compiling with HPC Pro 2.11 in the 2. Droplist.<br>OK, how can i add this SDK to it?<br>Ive installed the HPC 2.00 SDK but i cant use/see it in eMb.<br><br>Your Hello World Demo is working :).<br><br>www.people.freenet.de/dream-dimension/eMb3.jpg<br>(A picture of my 3 droplists)Last modification: Florian Brede - 06/27/01 at 23:41:21
Daywalker
pm Member

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jun 28, 2001 @ 9:40am

Ugh, I thought I told Florian that! ARGH
Moose or Chuck

Postby Dan East » Jun 28, 2001 @ 10:29am

Have you tried to create a new project since you installed the CE 2.0 SDK? Only the configurations that were specified and available when you created the project will be available. I see you also tried selecting the CE 2.0 cfg for Pocket Quake. It should be available, but if you saved the workspace before you installed the 2.0 SDK then it may have stripped those configs out since they aren't available on your PC.<br><br>So, first try creating a new project from scratch and see if CE 2.0 is available.<br><br>I have the following SDK's installed, and the Pocket Quake project will allow for building for the following targets:<br><br>H/PC ver 2.0<br>Palm-Size PC 2.11<br>Pocket PC<br>H/PC Pro 2.11<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Daywalker » Jun 28, 2001 @ 12:06pm

Hmm, ive the same SDKs but i cant select HPC 2.0. MICRO$OFT SUCKS!<br><br>Is it possible that i must change some options in eMb to get it work?
Daywalker
pm Member

Postby Dan East » Jun 28, 2001 @ 1:07pm

No, I know of no settings where you can select SDKs. It's probably done in the registry when you install the SDK. You did install the SDK after installing eVC? And you did try creating a new project from scratch? Also, did you try troubleshooting using the README.HTM file found in the \Microsoft eMbedded Tools folder? Also check out Microsoft eMbedded Tools\EVC\releasenotes.htm.<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Daywalker » Jun 28, 2001 @ 1:27pm

I found this in releasenotes:<br><br><br>__________________________________________________<br>Interaction with Windows CE Toolkit for Visual Basic 6.0<br><br>If you installed the Windows CE Toolkit for Visual Basic 6.0 before you installed eMbedded Visual C++ 3.0, eMbedded Visual C++ includes configuration information for the H/PC running H/PC Pro Edition software even if you did not install the H/PC Pro SDK. You may then see the H/PC listed as a target in the IDE. However, to build applications for it, you must install the H/PC Pro SDK.<br>__________________________________________________<br><br><br>- Did you install the Toolkit before you installed eMb?<br><br>- Somewhere on the Micro$oft Homepage I read that WinCE 2.0 isnt supported by eMb 3.0.<br><br><br>- Yes, i built (created) many projects after installing the SDK<br><br>- I installed the SDK after installing eMb<br><br>Last modification: Florian Brede - 06/28/01 at 10:27:48
Daywalker
pm Member

Postby jongjungbu » Jun 29, 2001 @ 1:20pm

[End=Bug]New[/End]
jongjungbu
Not JongJongBu

Postby Paul » Jun 29, 2001 @ 1:31pm

stop doing that man
Paul
pm Insider

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

A discussion forum for mobile device developers on the Windows Mobile platform. Any platform specific topics are welcome.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Digby, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions