This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

wolenstien

Re: wolenstien

Postby randall » Jun 28, 2001 @ 4:59pm

Moose, just because you can't see something doesn't mean it doesn't happen. There has ALWAYS been teenagers having sex... it's nothing new. Yet the Religious right and conservatives will have you believe it's something of a plague that popped up in the last decade.<br><br>The truth is, they've been blowing the same horn for well over half a century (the decadence of society and morality). <br><br>I still think sex should be a private matter, but what the hell does nudity have to do with sex? Why is everything censored so heavily that an exposed nipple is now taboo?
randall
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jun 28, 2001 @ 5:01pm

The Nazis had a good idea, their governmental system was perfect. But people AREN'T perfect. They're greedy, selfish, competing people. Aren't ready to be perfect. Too materialistic.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Jaybot » Jun 28, 2001 @ 7:42pm

actually randall the screaming about the decadence of society etc. has been around for much longer than that :)  damn, i read a really cool article about the destruction of society and morals and high crime rates and drugs and liquor sex and violence, and how the world was about to be consumed by satan.. and it was written in like 1913.  it dates even farther than that, if you want me to go there.... do you know why valentines' day was invented?
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby jongjungbu » Jun 28, 2001 @ 7:58pm

I think the best society is My Society. Where I am King and Emperor. Yep. Both King & Emperor. <br>Of course, I dont have much of a following just yet.<br>
jongjungbu
Not JongJongBu

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jun 28, 2001 @ 8:01pm

If these teenagers want to act mature they need to have will power and self control. Trying to act mature and all, like they know anything about that.
Moose or Chuck

Postby randall » Jun 28, 2001 @ 8:56pm

Actually I was talking about the religious right and conservatives from this era. Very few politicians from the 1950's are still alive today and bitching about morals. But yeah, that tired old discussion of declining morals has been around forever.<br><br>I read an essay by Plato, Hippocrates... ONE of those old Philosopher type dudes (sorry I can't remember exactly who it was). Even back then they were talking about how adolescence displayed complete disprespect for the elders, and lacked an moral and social conscience.
randall
pm Insider

Postby PsychoStorm » Jun 28, 2001 @ 9:28pm

Little historical fact about Wolfenstein 3D, the game:<br><br>Initially, a game called Castle Wolfenstien came out on the early Apple II's and C-64's.  It was a top down view, and had you going through rooms collecting grenades and ammo, and shooting nazi guards who would shout at you in really scratchy digitized german.  The gameplay was quite good though, and was slightly reminiscent of graphical nethack in a way.<br><br>I believe the Wolf3D authors were really hot on this game, and computers at this point had just enough horsepower to make raycasting and bitmap scaling doable - and so, Wolf3D is the result.  I had a lot of fun with it when I was in college in '92.  Sometimes the levels would throw a huge amount of enemies at you at once - a reason why Serious Sam is so popular now, because that element of massive assault has been missing in games since Quake!<br><br>- Richard
PsychoStorm
pm Member

Postby randall » Jun 28, 2001 @ 10:53pm

I remember playing Wolfenstein on the Apple IIe. It was kind of a top-down view game... the walls were top-view but the characters were side-view.<br><br>I have even played this game recently on an Apple IIe emulator. It is so true to the original that the sound is still scratchy.
randall
pm Insider

Postby Paul » Jun 29, 2001 @ 1:05pm

sounds like helios~
Paul
pm Insider

Postby jongjungbu » Jun 29, 2001 @ 1:16pm

Thanks. I appreciate it.
jongjungbu
Not JongJongBu

Postby Paul » Jun 29, 2001 @ 1:31pm

its not my fault, i'm a cheeky monkey
Paul
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jun 29, 2001 @ 6:42pm

Bloody cheeky brit.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Paul » Jun 29, 2001 @ 7:31pm

better than a stinkin' yank... OR canadian.
Paul
pm Insider

Postby 999 » Jun 29, 2001 @ 7:37pm

stinkin'?<br><br>Paul, have you eaten a "Fryup"?<br><br>Have you seen the thin layer of greasy film it coats you with afterwards?<br><br>If I have to share an office with another boat load of greasy Brits who eat "fryups" for breakfast, I'm off to work at home, hey wait, I DO! ;)<br><br>I've worked with talented English folk for the passed 5 years. I quite like it, and have picked up a handful of sayings from them, ya reckon?<br>
pm Member

Postby Paul » Jun 29, 2001 @ 7:43pm

stop pickin' on me. first the argetum video thread, now this. <br><br>no i dont eat 'fryups'. thats a sad cliché stereotype thing like all americans shooting their schoolmates and eating burgers... oh wait, that ones true
Paul
pm Insider

PreviousNext

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

A discussion forum for mobile device developers on the Windows Mobile platform. Any platform specific topics are welcome.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Digby, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions