This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

A _decent_ audio player for the StrongARM?

A _decent_ audio player for the StrongARM?

Postby Richard » Jun 7, 2001 @ 10:10pm

I like Media Player 7.1 on my ipaq, it seems halfway decent.  But when it comes to using my microdrive efficiently, _forget it_.  The thing keeps my microdrive always on, effectively cutting my battery life to 2 hrs if I'm lucky.<br><br>I have the VC devkit and am seriously pondering spending a few hours to create an audio player (probably using public C++ MP3 decoding source and GAPI).  If nobody has really done this yet, then I will try it and give everyone my results.<br><br>- Richard
Richard

Re: A _decent_ audio player for the StrongARM?

Postby Chris Edwards » Jun 8, 2001 @ 12:27am

If your script materializes, we would be glad to host it here at PocketMatrix.com.
Chris Edwards
Founder
Chris Edwards
Site Co-Founder

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jun 8, 2001 @ 9:24am

good plan, when i get a microdrive in a few months i'll want it definitly.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Malmer » Jun 8, 2001 @ 10:39am

Chuck, didn't you say you didn't have any money :)
All your base are belong to us
Malmer
pm Member

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jun 8, 2001 @ 10:53am

i dont' have money, i just spent it on a 128 meg cf card and cf reader :P Its just what i'm usin till i can afford more.
Moose or Chuck

Postby 999 » Jun 8, 2001 @ 4:33pm

iPLAY has a Microdrive feature Richard. Sorry to disappoint.<br><br>If your last name is Rice, we could use one last update to PocketNES, -Add diagonals to the VirtualDpad.<br><br>Don't say I didn't try ;)<br>
pm Member

Postby Richard » Jun 8, 2001 @ 6:29pm

999, actually I tested out iPlay.  It has a hacky, non-standard interface and would totally stutter if I tried to do anything else on my iPaq.  I'm unsure if it allows you to turn off the LCD screen, too.  If it was a better quality product I would pay $ for it, but since it isn't, I will try making my own.<br><br>- Richard (not Rice)
Richard

Postby 999 » Jun 8, 2001 @ 7:30pm

Richard-<br><br>Well, that's both bad and good news ;)<br><br>The good news being, I can hope for a better medium for playing back mp3s off my MD :)<br><br>Please sign me up as a beta tester, I've got an old 340MD, a real powermonger :o <br>
pm Member

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jun 8, 2001 @ 8:00pm

I want to beta test it, I've got a 1GB MD, to keep the beta fields as broad as possible. Also, that's an E-125 (overclocked to 200MHz, so we can test it under that condition too!)! more exclamation marks ! i'm ecstatic with joy ! or something !
Moose or Chuck

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jun 9, 2001 @ 2:05am

ya, i'm soon to have a 128 meg cf card, being sent assss we speak. Annd  moose while i'm drunk you sound really cool. Yes and i'm overclocked to  200.3 mhz tooooo. E-125 is the sheeeeeeizzzzzy.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jun 9, 2001 @ 8:16am

Chuck, moron, it's for a MicroDrive, moron. Don't ever drink in public, you become 4 times as dumb as normal (hey wait, 4 times an IQ of 0 is still 0!)
Moose or Chuck

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jun 9, 2001 @ 11:06am

i know what it was for. WHo gives a rats ass if its for a microdrive, it'll still prolly be better than Media player.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jun 9, 2001 @ 11:43am

Are you still drunk? The point of it was to conserve battery power that the microdrive drains. It wouldn't do anything AT ALL for a solid state memory card.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jun 9, 2001 @ 4:21pm

no feckin way, i know. BUt if he spends the time to make a new media player. Maybe it'll have more functions like an EQ and stuff. That way it would also help me so die.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Richard » Jun 10, 2001 @ 4:25am

I wouldn't hold your breath for a WinAmp-buster anytime soon.  However, I am making progress.  I expect I'll have some form of MP3 player in about a week.  The mp3 decoder part is compiled right now, but that's just the beginning.  Now I have to init the sound hardware, feed the output buffer, and add in a little bit of graphics and UI.  At that point I'll probably let everyone dig into the source and have fun with it.<br><br>- Richard
Richard

Next

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

A discussion forum for mobile device developers on the Windows Mobile platform. Any platform specific topics are welcome.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Digby, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions