This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Ipaq's display

Ipaq's display

Postby RwGast » Jul 3, 2001 @ 10:55pm

I would never consider myself to be a good enough programmer to do this but i have a theory. I think ipaq's color may be as good as casios with a program see i rember someone once said that ipaq's have an lcd capabile of 64k colors becuase its an lcd thats mass manufacured for other pda's too which do have 64k color. And that the problem with ipaq is that its driver only uses 12 bit color or whatever. If they wrote JS Landscape from a driver standpoint why couldnt someone with some talent write a driver that does 64k color on an ipaq. It's all just theory and there probably is a reason it hasnt been done im just curious why it hasnt been done.
http://www.angelfire.com/ego/esoteric if you like to play quake3 keep your eye on this site
RwGast
pm Member

Re: Ipaq's display

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jul 4, 2001 @ 9:36am

Next time you post, use things like capital letters and punctuation marks.<br>The drivers for the iPaq are 16bit, but the LCD is only 12 bit. It decreases the colors in hardware, not software.
Moose or Chuck

Postby 999 » Jul 4, 2001 @ 4:34pm

Yep, sorry Robert.<br><br>It's a 12bit LCD. <br><br>Interesting side note, because of it's horizontal pixel orientation, it inclines me to believe SONY intended them to be used as a camcorder display of some sort. <br><br>
pm Member

Postby Paul » Jul 4, 2001 @ 4:36pm

Paul
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jul 4, 2001 @ 5:01pm

It's quite easy to understand Shapeshifter. The LCD screen of iPaqs is only 12bit, Casio uses 16bits, so Casio is better than iPaq in yet another field.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jul 4, 2001 @ 5:02pm

Oh, and don't do that anymore. It ruins the page layout. And it's not like it's harder to read. Maybe it is for the weak minded or slow of thought, but whatever. It's dumb
Moose or Chuck

Postby randall » Jul 4, 2001 @ 5:04pm

Hey, I read somewhere that the Casio Screen is actually a 21" flatscreen LCD. Casio wrote some drivers that "shrunk" it down to a 4" display. Somehow, when they compressed the bytecode, it compressed the physical dimensions of the screen as well.<br><br>Why hasn't someone written a driver to inflate the screen to 21", and reinstate the full 32-bit color as well? ~<br>
randall
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jul 4, 2001 @ 5:09pm

Oh, thank you! I started to think you were an idiot too randall. But then I saw that tilde at the end. Hehe.. no, wait. That 21" thing wasn't really funny.
Moose or Chuck

Postby 999 » Jul 4, 2001 @ 6:29pm

I might also add that the Casio display looks even better in direct sunlight. N'er have I seen such clarity.<br>
pm Member

Postby suchiaruzu » Jul 4, 2001 @ 6:34pm

whatthefuckinghellareyoutalkingaboutpleasesaysomethingsoiwillunderstand<br>[EDIT] No prob, Moose<br>Last modification: Shapeshifter - 07/04/01 at 15:34:35
<div align="center">Image<br></div>
suchiaruzu
pm Insider

Crappy display, crappy ipaq!

Postby RwGast » Jul 4, 2001 @ 6:48pm

Man that sucks ass, i would have bought a casio if i new you could see it outside, but all these reviews said you cant. You know what i cant even see my ipaq outside to well anyway. And the dust that comes from under my buttons drives me crazy i even have a small hair in there, with no time to send it back for cleaning becuase its colleage summer session and i just got it back about a month ago, arghhh. Ipaq sucks i want casio but its to late now.
http://www.angelfire.com/ego/esoteric if you like to play quake3 keep your eye on this site
RwGast
pm Member

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jul 4, 2001 @ 7:01pm

Yep, iPaqs suck.
Moose or Chuck

Postby randall » Jul 4, 2001 @ 8:03pm

he [999] should have added a tilde to the end of that message.
randall
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jul 4, 2001 @ 8:15pm

I think they all look about the same in direct sun, except the iPaq's "futuristic" "chrome" plastic coating will blind you unless you smudge it with fingure prints.<br><br>Randall, you should put a tilde at the end of your name
Moose or Chuck

Postby randall » Jul 4, 2001 @ 9:20pm

A tilde tattooed on the end of your dick would be a great conversation piece.
randall
pm Insider

Next

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

A discussion forum for mobile device developers on the Windows Mobile platform. Any platform specific topics are welcome.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Digby, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions