This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

WMP 4.1 Playlist Generator + Playtime Reporter

WMP 4.1 Playlist Generator + Playtime Reporter

Postby Mac » Jul 25, 2001 @ 9:42am

Hello, <br><br>I still prefer the WMP that's included in the rom and wrote a small program to provide a few additional features that are missing in WMP 4.1 <br><br>Sorted playlist for all songs and for each arist<br><br>When selecting "All local Music" in WMP 4.1 the list doesn't get properly sorted by filename - WMP lists the files as they were copied to your memory card. To create a playlist with all titles yourself and sorting it yourself is too much effort.. <br><br>=> My program scans for all MP3 files in a given folder and creates a WMP 4.1 compatible playlist sorted by filename. <br><br>As long as the filenames are in a pattern like <br>Artist - Title.mp3 it'll create a playlist for each found artist too (including all songs that you have from this artist). <br><br>Playtime Reporter<br>Winamp has a very handy feature that reports you the playtime of your playlist - WMP fails to do that. When creating the complete playlist and all the individual artist's playlist it also reports the total playtime of each list. <br><br>This small program is written in perl using Rainer Keuchel's Perl Port for Windows CE. <br><br><br>You need to install PerlCE properly and copy a few required modules from the standard windows perl distribution to the PerlCE modules dir - i could possibly provide the required modules. <br><br>Right now I'm still making the code more readable and i anticipate a release within a few days - Anyone who is experienced in Perl and has PerlCE already installed can do some little beta testing for me :)<br><br>Regards, <br>mac<br><br>
Mac

Return to Windows Mobile

Forum Description

A discussion forum for mobile device developers on the Windows Mobile platform. Any platform specific topics are welcome.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Digby, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions