This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

PIE Network Detection

PIE Network Detection

Postby Mac » Jul 26, 2001 @ 10:34pm

Hello,<br><br>Apache has been ported for Windows CE! Together with Perl for WinCE it gives you the ultimate development tool on the road :) <br><br>http://www.rainer-keuchel.de<br><br>There's only one problem. PIE! PIE doesn't connect to any IP addresses or hostnames when there is no network detection detected (network, modem connection, infrared connection etc). This causes serious problems because Apache runs as usually on port 80 so i should be able to connect to it with<br>http://127.0.0.1:80 or http://localhost:80 - no, not until i plug my Network Card in or start dialing with a not existing modem (- which times out after a time as there is no modem and PIE refuses to work again).<br><br>This is very annoying.<br><br>I thought that maybe someone could develop some sort of fake network driver that makes PIE believe that there's actually a network connection that it allows connecting to IP addresses.<br><br>Thank you.<br>- mac
Mac

Re: PIE Network Detection

Postby suchiaruzu » Jul 27, 2001 @ 6:18pm

Chris, you can set the name in Start/Settings/System/Info/Device-ID - it seems to me you havent changed it. It is also displayed in Active Sync!
<div align="center">Image<br></div>
suchiaruzu
pm Insider

Postby Chris Edwards » Jul 27, 2001 @ 6:20pm

in the pic he is using port 8080... not sure if he changed the default port in apache or something....<br><br>your pocketpc does have a name, mines called Pocket_PC (found via Asset Viewer).. maybe using that would work,
Chris Edwards
Founder
Chris Edwards
Site Co-Founder

Postby Chris Edwards » Jul 27, 2001 @ 6:21pm

yeah, i know.. i was just talking to Mac.. suggesting that using the pocketpc's name as the URL in PIE might work... maybe it doesn't register localhost or 127.0.0.1... who knows...
Chris Edwards
Founder
Chris Edwards
Site Co-Founder

Postby Mac » Jul 27, 2001 @ 7:59pm

it isn't just port 80 - in fact's every port i try :) even 8080. it's every IP i try and every port <br><br>HPCs do not seem to have that restrictions :(<br><br>But this really limits the use of Apache on a PPC i suspect - imagine the possibilities what you can do..<br>
Mac

Postby suchiaruzu » Jul 27, 2001 @ 8:08pm

My advice would be to mail the author. If anyone got it working it should be him...
<div align="center">Image<br></div>
suchiaruzu
pm Insider

Postby Mac » Jul 27, 2001 @ 9:02pm

Mac

Postby Chris Edwards » Jul 27, 2001 @ 9:28pm

Chris Edwards
Founder
Chris Edwards
Site Co-Founder

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

A discussion forum for mobile device developers on the Windows Mobile platform. Any platform specific topics are welcome.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Digby, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions