This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Clock update in fullscreen

Clock update in fullscreen

Postby PDAFantast » Aug 2, 2001 @ 10:22pm

Allright folks, I have a pretty annoying problem with fullscreen using SHFullScreen call.<br><br>#1. The clock updates itself and shows on the fullscreen window.<br><br>#2. The SIP thing doesn't go away even if I do a SHFullScreen(myhwnd, SHFS_HIDESIP...)<br><br>I've annoyed myself for a full day with this... so....
PDAFantast.
PDAFantast
pm Member

Re: Clock update in fullscreen

Postby Moose or Chuck » Aug 2, 2001 @ 10:32pm

Try looking through Jaco "Phantom" Bikker's EasyCE routines. It's does full screen pretty well. I'm sorry I forgot the link. But look through the forum and find  any thread that says "Tutorial #" by "Phantom." And remember to come back here and post the link incase anyone else has the same problem.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Moose or Chuck » Aug 2, 2001 @ 10:34pm

NM, I'll do it myself:<br><br>Click on the "Tech Info." link in the left navigation bar.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Dan East » Aug 3, 2001 @ 12:25am

Process the WM_ACTIVATE message in your main window handler. If you are getting activation then call the SHFullScreen function, and size your window to fit the display (use GetSystemMetrics to get the dimensions, don't hard-code them like a bad little programmer).<br>Aww, heck. Just copy and paste:<br>[fixed]<br>case WM_ACTIVATE:<br>  if (LOWORD(wParam)!=WA_INACTIVE) { <br>    SHFullScreen(hWnd, SHFS_HIDETASKBAR);<br>    MoveWindow(hWnd, 0, 0, GetSystemMetrics(SM_CXSCREEN),<br>      GetSystemMetrics(SM_CYSCREEN), TRUE);<br>  }<br>  break;<br>[/fixed]<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby suchiaruzu » Aug 3, 2001 @ 6:26pm

Hey, you're the Palm-emu guy, right? Great job and thanks for coming here!
<div align="center">Image<br></div>
suchiaruzu
pm Insider

Postby Malmer » Aug 3, 2001 @ 10:42pm

From what I've seen PDAFantast is a pretty faithful PCKTMTRX board member. He is from sweden to by the way (I assume that from his name, and I think he said sometime)
All your base are belong to us
Malmer
pm Member

Postby suchiaruzu » Aug 4, 2001 @ 11:01am

His Brighthand profile says he's from Malmö :)<br>Oh, while we're talking about Brighthand: The link on the news page doesnt work!<br>-Shape
suchiaruzu
pm Insider

Postby Chris Edwards » Aug 4, 2001 @ 5:04pm

it's all darren kitchen's fault... i'll fix it though :)
Chris Edwards
Founder
Chris Edwards
Site Co-Founder

Postby Malmer » Aug 4, 2001 @ 7:47pm

Malmö is a city in southern Sweden.
Malmer
pm Member

Postby Malmer » Aug 4, 2001 @ 7:49pm

Actually my lastname, Malmer, comes from one of my ancestors who moved from Malmö to Gothenburg. This guy was a a world famous mirrordesigner, and he felt he could have the "simple" name that he had, so he changed it. And since he moved from Malmö, well then Malmer was pretty close at hand... :)
Malmer
pm Member

Postby suchiaruzu » Aug 4, 2001 @ 7:56pm

Thanks for posting that, Fredrik. It was the only thing I thought about since I've come to this board...<br>~~~~~~~~~~~~
suchiaruzu
pm Insider

Postby PDAFantast » Aug 6, 2001 @ 10:58pm

Dan East,<br><br>I am doing just that, but I'm doing it in WM_CREATE message handler instead of WM_ACTIVATE.<br>I am resizing it with MoveWindow too.<br>Still, the stuff works ok, I mean I can see the fullscreen window, I can draw to fullscreen window, but the damned clock always shows thru, when itself is updated.<br><br>And about the SIP thing. The SIP icon remains in fullscreen  only when the program is NOT run from the Today screen. Pretty odd huh?<br>
PDAFantast.
PDAFantast
pm Member

Postby PDAFantast » Aug 6, 2001 @ 11:00pm

Shapeshifter and Fredrik,<br><br>Yeh, I'm from Malmö, Sweden, coolest city in the world ;) or so they say.<br><br>
PDAFantast.
PDAFantast
pm Member

Postby PDAFantast » Aug 6, 2001 @ 11:28pm

Alright, I found what was wrong...<br><br>Apparently, even if you do NOT create a task bar<br>at all you HAVE to do a SHFullScreen with SFPS_HIDETASKBAR as argument, so that the SIP thing doesn't get confused. How lame.<br><br>I think someone at Microsoft smoked a lot of ganja again. Or was it pot ? Nevermind, bad shit was it anyway ;)<br>
PDAFantast.
PDAFantast
pm Member

Postby Malmer » Aug 6, 2001 @ 11:47pm

Hey PDAFantast, how is the Palm emulator coming along? Why not talk with Chris about getting hosted?
Malmer
pm Member

Next

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

A discussion forum for mobile device developers on the Windows Mobile platform. Any platform specific topics are welcome.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Digby, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions