This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

windows CE 2.11 Devel Tools

windows CE 2.11 Devel Tools

Postby wildag » Sep 1, 2001 @ 12:17am

I am going to try to add support for Windows CE 2.11 to Pocket Quake. I need to know what development tools there are avaliable and where I could get a copy of the WinCE 2.11 SDK.<br><br>Is there a WinCE 2.11 emulator? What tutorials do you know of (as far as programing for the WinCE 2.11 Environment).<br><br>(and as an aside... does anyone know of a way to 'upgrade' to pocket pc?... I know everyone must ask this, but it would be VERY helpful)<br>Thanks
wildag

Re: windows CE 2.11 Devel Tools

Postby Moose or Chuck » Sep 1, 2001 @ 10:46am

1... Download Microsoft eMbedded Tools 3.0 from microsoft's website (300MB, or $8 s&h). (probably findable from www.pocketpc.com)<br><br> 2... First, you'll need to program in GAPI for WinCE2.11 and the stdio.lib file.<br><br> 3... Yes, Casio offered this upgrade at a price. Or you could steal a friend's ROM chip, exchanging his ROM for yours in a high action psuedo- Indiana Jones sequence, complete with large rolling batteries, deadly pits of doom, and cracking screens.
Moose or Chuck

Postby wildag » Sep 2, 2001 @ 12:40am

So am I to take it 'changin out rom chips is bad idea?'<br><br>Do you know of any place that just sells these? Or has the ROM avaliable for download? (I have a rom programer)<br><br>Thanks,
wildag

Postby Moose or Chuck » Sep 2, 2001 @ 8:59am

You could contact Casio and see if they still offer a ROM upgrade.
Moose or Chuck

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

A discussion forum for mobile device developers on the Windows Mobile platform. Any platform specific topics are welcome.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Digby, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions