This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

I had a little time over so I wrote this...

I had a little time over so I wrote this...

Postby Malmer » Aug 18, 2001 @ 3:47am

Ok Guys,<br><br>I took a little time, a few hours, away from Argentum and wrote a today-screen plugin that makes the boring todayscreen background have a nice wallpaper to it. I myself have always wanted this, so I thought that if noone else writes it, then I guess I'll do it...<br><br>Here is a screenshot with a pretty ugly bakground I made just for testing.<br><br>Image<br><br>There are a few bugs left before I release it officially, but I would say this app shouldn't require much more coding at all.<br><br>Be well!<br><br>Fredrik.<br><br>Hey Shapeshifter, isn't this what you always wanted?
All your base are belong to us
Malmer
pm Member

Re: I had a little time over so I wrote this...

Postby Malmer » Aug 18, 2001 @ 3:49am

It actually works much better on the ipaq than on the casio, but I didn't have virtual ipaq, so I had to take the shot from the casio. Where it leaves them black thingies on a row...
Malmer
pm Member

Postby Malmer » Aug 18, 2001 @ 3:50am

For you who want to start skinning allready the image dimensions are 240x268.
Malmer
pm Member

Postby Malmer » Aug 18, 2001 @ 4:10am

Some potential features for the future:<br><br>* Black inverter. Making all black thingies white so it works with dark background<br>* Options dialog<br>* Thing that chooses random picture...sortof like "today's the day" but with the desktop.<br>* And ofcourse all bugs fixed ;)
Malmer
pm Member

Postby Malmer » Aug 18, 2001 @ 4:11am

And maybe even a stupid-lines-between-items-removal setting... ;)<br><br>Then 999 (when he comes back) can do some pretty cool skins...
Malmer
pm Member

Postby Moose or Chuck » Aug 18, 2001 @ 9:39am

Looks really cool. When it's downloadable be sure to place it in Ionside's webpage. Maybe you could have a special promotion: give it away with an Argentum background as the default :)
Moose or Chuck

Postby suchiaruzu » Aug 18, 2001 @ 11:11am

yes, Yes, YES!!!!!!!!<br>Boy, looks like you're better than all these Microsoft dudes!<br>Thanks a lot!<br>:) :) :)<br>-Shape
<div align="center">Image<br></div>
suchiaruzu
pm Insider

Postby Malmer » Aug 18, 2001 @ 11:39am

Actually today I threw it all away. It was too buggy for me to like.<br><br>Instead I wrote a skinning thing that skins the entire PocketPC operating system. It took about an hour to get this base ready.<br><br>I currently skin window backgrounds and the bottom toolbar. Will throw in skinning of the gray stuff on top of the file listing in fileexplorer (and other apps with this thing) and scrollbars later. Here are three screenshots using an XP theme. Currently the wallpaper is mostly white with the logo, but one could use something with a lot of color too if you like. Footprint is about 0.3 mb and performance feels good. I need to put in something so it turns of while playing games and similiar.<br><br>I've only got it working on the ipaq though. On the casio it sortof stays with the view you first got. But I bet there is some pretty simple sollution to it. Works great on the ipaq though.<br><br>Image<br>Image<br>Image<br><br>Be well...
Malmer
pm Member

Postby Malmer » Aug 18, 2001 @ 11:40am

The caption thing is wisbar btw...great app...
Malmer
pm Member

Postby Malmer » Aug 18, 2001 @ 12:01pm

Here is an early beta for you to download. This is very unsupported. I've included the skin in the zip file. Keep the skin files in the "Skin" folder. And copy the wisbar images to your favourite wisbar skin folder.<br><br><br><br>For ultimate results I suggest you make a shortcut to skinion.exe and place it in your startup folder.<br><br>You should also consider shutting down Skinion when playing games.<br><br>// Fredrik.
Malmer
pm Member

Postby Malmer » Aug 18, 2001 @ 12:04pm

The today image replacement I use:<br><br><br><br>Disable the today image on your today screen. The replace the tdybnr.gif image in your Windows dir with this one. Reset your device, then put the today image back.<br><br>// Fredrik
Malmer
pm Member

Postby Moose or Chuck » Aug 18, 2001 @ 12:34pm

XP Sucks
Moose or Chuck

Postby Malmer » Aug 18, 2001 @ 1:35pm

Then create a new skin. <br>Wallpaper: 240x268<br>Toolbar: 240x26<br><br>Both should be palletized tga:s.<br><br>And fyi. I got the MIPS version "working" but it was very buggy with many graphical glitches. So it has been put on hold...
Malmer
pm Member

Postby Luciano U. Werner » Aug 18, 2001 @ 3:23pm

Fredrik, any chance of something compatible with Gigabar? Always wanted to change my Today screen and your skin is really nice.
Celerius quam asparagi cocuntur
Luciano U. Werner
pm Insider

Postby Matt Keys » Aug 18, 2001 @ 3:26pm

Kick ass, you can change the bottom bar too!
Matt Keys
Co-Founder
PocketMatrix.com
Matt Keys
Site Co-Founder

Next

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

A discussion forum for mobile device developers on the Windows Mobile platform. Any platform specific topics are welcome.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Digby, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions