This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

I had a little time over so I wrote this...

Re: I had a little time over so I wrote this...

Postby rpm6000 » Aug 23, 2001 @ 12:50pm

I presume when you say 'skin' you mean the Skinion application.<br><br>Dashboard doesn't skin anything as such, instead it is more of a replacement for the plain looking today screen. Dashboard can be skinned and does integrate with WIS Bar.<br><br>Skinion is aimed at skinning the Pocket PC GUI and doesn't integrate with WIS Bar, though I'm sure it will do in the future.<br>
rpm6000
pm Member

Postby Malmer » Aug 23, 2001 @ 6:23pm

Skinion will be free, even for "mipsers" if I manage to get that working. And I will most definately integrate it with Wisbar. The plan is also to make it support gif or bmp files (probably bmp). <br><br>Oh an other thing. If someone knows how to do 12 bit dithering I would be very glad if I with your help could integrate it into the application so it dithers all images used (optional) to make it look good on the ipaq screen. Routines doesn't nessesarily have to be fast since they will only be run when you start the application. <br><br>I wonder why compaq didn't implement a 12 bit dither in thier conversion from 16 bit to 12 bit. Could have been in the driver/hardware.
All your base are belong to us
Malmer
pm Member

Postby TBone » Aug 23, 2001 @ 6:27pm

Why not just slice the pixel from 16 to 12, chopping off the least significant bytes? You'd have to apply a conversion factor to red and blue since 565 gives green twice their range, but I would think that would be pretty close. Of course, that's probably how the screen does it. Hmmmm...
3V1L L337 H3150
TBone
pm Member

Has anyone done a comparison of Skinion and PB?

Postby JR » Aug 23, 2001 @ 6:35pm

I was wondering if anyone has done an apples to apples comparison.  Like memory size, features, speed, etc.<br><br>PS -- I'd do it, but my iPaq is in for dust removal :-(
JR

Comparing Skinion and PB

Postby JR » Aug 23, 2001 @ 6:49pm

Sorry, my last title isn't showing.  I was talking about comparing PocketBlinds with Skinion.
JR

Postby Wayne Nihart » Aug 23, 2001 @ 6:57pm

Has anyone tried using PocketTV with Skinion running? I always get a lock up at the file selection screen.
Wayne Nihart

Postby Diego Cueva » Aug 23, 2001 @ 7:09pm

Yep, it crashes PocketTV
--------------------------

Last modification: Diego Cueva - 04/31/03 at 17:32:04
I´m currently listening to my PC´s fan
SMRF founder
Peace
Diego Cueva
pm Insider

one thing i forgot

Postby iJAKE » Aug 24, 2001 @ 9:31am

Hi, something i should mention: LANDSAPE support!!! :)
iJAKE

Postby jongjungbu » Aug 24, 2001 @ 3:32pm

My popup windows with Skinion, the 3d buttons are shifted over halfway the size of the button..with the original flat button still showing.
jongjungbu
Not JongJongBu

Postby Bouch » Aug 25, 2001 @ 2:22am

Two quick questions.....how exactly can you change a bmp,gif or jpeg to tga???? I use paintshop Pro 6 and save as a tga file, however it doesn't show up properly. What is meant by paletized tga's?<br><br>Secondly, is anyone else get a lock up with Pocket TV???
Bouch

Postby Bouch » Aug 25, 2001 @ 2:39am

Sorry figured it out.....<br><br><br>However still crashes Pocket TV<br><br>Excellent program....bout' time this was created for non-Dashboard users.<br><br>Cheers
Bouch

Postby DeathsMaster » Aug 25, 2001 @ 8:30am

Please, oh please say there is going to be a Sh3 verion of Skinion, because its looks brilliant. <br><br>Oh and btw when is the DEMO of Argentum going to be released???
DeathsMaster

Postby Rellik » Aug 27, 2001 @ 7:19am

The Today screen will stay white, if u use Calendar+
Rellik

mmmh...

Postby iJAKE » Aug 27, 2001 @ 12:39pm

i'm using Today's Info, Calender+, TaskToday by  WebIS and everything is skinned fine... no problems here... :) only problems i have is when i'm susing PocketBlinds 1.0 RC2/3 instead of WisBar! :(
iJAKE

Postby Arthur Grokhovski » Aug 29, 2001 @ 11:00am

Is this thread died now?
Arthur Grokhovski

PreviousNext

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

A discussion forum for mobile device developers on the Windows Mobile platform. Any platform specific topics are welcome.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Digby, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions