This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

AliCE AI & data entry experiment

Re: AliCE AI & data entry experiment

Postby Moose or Chuck » Sep 6, 2001 @ 4:31pm

Uhm... Why are you guys talking about me and my honey? When did that become an issue in this thread?
Moose or Chuck

Postby Phantom » Sep 7, 2001 @ 11:56am

Can you guys try the latest version, and continue this conversation in the Phantom forum? Thanks. :)
Give me some good data and
I will give you the world
Phantom
pm Insider

Postby jongjungbu » Sep 7, 2001 @ 5:05pm

Ok, I d/led the latest version. If i don't go out tonite, I will talk to ALiCE. It worked pretty good before except it would crash after a while unexplicably. Still pretty neat, and sometimes freaky.
jongjungbu
Not JongJongBu

Postby Phantom » Sep 7, 2001 @ 5:09pm

There still seems to be a small memory leak somewhere in the code. You'll probably notice that she works much better if you have a lot of free space. The leak should be fixed of course, but that takes some time. Even boundschecker couldn't find any problems (using boundschecker is one of those advantages of running the app on the PC, using EasyCE:))
Phantom
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Sep 7, 2001 @ 6:47pm

It's 'inexplicably' and it means 'impossible to account for.'<br><br>... FYI
Moose or Chuck

Postby Dan East » Sep 7, 2001 @ 7:24pm

Someone created a debug version of new / delete that helps find memory leaks in CE. I've only briefly tried it, but it looks promising. It would be good to modify it to check for writing outside bounds as well.<br>http://www.codeguru.com/ce/CE_leak.html<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Phantom » Sep 8, 2001 @ 12:41pm

Thanks, I'll try that, and I'll try it on the Nutcracker too. :) Sounds like an interesting tool.
Phantom
pm Insider

Postby AstralMage » Sep 14, 2001 @ 5:09am

JACCO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need your help!<br>I downloaded the SH3 version of AliCE and it runs great for about 5 to 10 minutes then it freezes my HP Jornada 547.  I pushed reset on the back, and my Jornada did a Hard Reset and I lost everything (But don't worry I backed up my device before).  I reinstalled AliCE several times and it did the same thing.  After I installed AliCE for the 4th time it still will freeze but when I push reset it does not Hard Reset.  My question is, what the Hel is going on!  (Also if you do not have a Jornada 547 or 548 (There the same thing, just one comes with Ziogolf and one does not) to test AliCE on, I am willing to be a Tester for you.  Other then the Bugs, this program ROCKS!)
AstralMage

Postby Moose or Chuck » Sep 15, 2001 @ 2:58am

still waiting on a mips release that works :(
Moose or Chuck

Postby bjorn keizers » Sep 15, 2001 @ 1:54pm

I'm thoroughly enjoying Alice. She's great to talk to. I do have an occasional hangup on my Ipaq, but these are rare. Most of the time they happen when I type too fast or after about 10 minutes. <br><br>Apart from that, great program. I'm looking forward to further development.
bjorn keizers

Postby Moose or Chuck » Sep 15, 2001 @ 1:55pm

yep, i'm still waiting to run it :(
Moose or Chuck

Previous

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

A discussion forum for mobile device developers on the Windows Mobile platform. Any platform specific topics are welcome.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Digby, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions