This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Weird behavior from EVC

Weird behavior from EVC

Postby TBone » Sep 30, 2001 @ 12:27am

Lately, EVC has been refusing to recognize my mono iPAQ as an ARM-based device. It's also locking up after certain memory access errors in my programs. At the same time, Win2K has been driving me up the wall, because it won't run any program that uses MSVCRT.DLL unless I run it in the WinNT 4 compatibility layer. Does anyone know how to fix these problems? I'm going insane trying to figure it out.
3V1L L337 H3150
TBone
pm Member

Re: Weird behavior from EVC

Postby Digby » Sep 30, 2001 @ 1:30am

virus?<br><br>
Digby
pm Insider

Postby TBone » Sep 30, 2001 @ 1:38am

Doubt it. I haven't run a scan (to be honest, I don't even have any medicine installed), but it seems like very odd behavior for a virus. And there aren't any other symptoms. <br><br>Actually, I did a search on google and found out that the cpu mismatch thing is a bug in eVC. MS actually says that the MSVCRT.DLL has something to do with Visual Basic, or some kind of replacement for it. How to fix it, though, I'm still not really sure.
3V1L L337 H3150
TBone
pm Member

Postby Digby » Sep 30, 2001 @ 1:52am

I get that same warning dialog box when I try to execute an ARM executable under the debugger on my iPaq.  It's been that way since I installed eVC.<br><br>MSVCRT.DLL is the C-runtime library.  If you have DevStudio installed, installing the latest Service Pack will probably update it.  The version on my Win2K machine is 6.10.8924.0.<br><br><br>
Digby
pm Insider

Postby TBone » Sep 30, 2001 @ 2:02am

I installed SP2 twice, once off the net and once from the downloadable to try and fix it. I also tried running the System File Protection tool to repair it.
3V1L L337 H3150
TBone
pm Member

Postby Phantom » Sep 30, 2001 @ 7:19am

Just a guess: You installed Merlin. :) You can ignore the message, I assume Microsoft will post an update to EVC soon.
Give me some good data and
I will give you the world
Phantom
pm Insider

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

A discussion forum for mobile device developers on the Windows Mobile platform. Any platform specific topics are welcome.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Digby, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions