This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Problem with Platform Manager

Problem with Platform Manager

Postby Hezi » Oct 2, 2001 @ 8:14pm

Hezi
pm Member

Re: Problem with Platform Manager

Postby Digby » Oct 2, 2001 @ 9:31pm

Upgrading to ActiveSync 3.5 might be a start.<br><br><br><br>
Digby
pm Insider

Postby RICoder » Oct 2, 2001 @ 9:41pm

I had this issue.  It seems like degredation over time.  Active Sync 3.5 seems to be better, but even still I have to reboot sometimes even in W2K.
<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/RICoder.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">RICoder</iframe>
RICoder
FOX News Correspondent

Postby Hezi » Oct 3, 2001 @ 7:20pm

Upgrading to ActiveSync 3.5 didnt help :(<br>i still get the same error:<br>"Unable to connect to the device. Please make sure you have installed the underlying transport (e.g., ActiveSync) and have a device connected".<br>it get pass the stage of connecting to ActiveSync to 'Establishing platform manager connectino to device' there it timeouts.<br><br>
Hezi
pm Member

Postby cryo » Oct 3, 2001 @ 7:39pm

hezi:<br><br>on w2k, the connection drops arbitrarily if you have no administrator rights on the machine or if you are working on saved logon data from a domain controller. Log on as administrator and try again, that should solve the problem. In had to set up a new user with admin rights for it to work. Before that, working as a domain user, the connections dropped every 5 minutes and the compiler would stop working after a while too. For that, the (temp) solution was to export the registry key for ce studio from the administrator and insert it as the domain user, but it is very annoying. Besides that was not always enough, sometimes i had to log off and on again for it to work.<br>Hope this helps you :)<br><br>
cryo
pm Member

Postby Hezi » Oct 3, 2001 @ 8:31pm

Marcelo:<br>I've tried connecting using a newly created user with adminstrator rights, didnt work.<br><br>I've also tried using the TCP\IP connection throu some Loopback network adapter i read about at microsoft site...<br><br>this is starting to be depressing... :(
Hezi
pm Member

Postby cryo » Oct 4, 2001 @ 7:10am

hezi:<br><br>can you normally synchronize your device and set up a partnership? Is just the platform manager that does not work?
cryo
pm Member

Postby Hezi » Oct 4, 2001 @ 11:49pm

Marcelo:<br>yes, the comp synchronizes perfectly with the ppc - i can transfer files and sync information without any problems.<br>it is only when i try to send/debug projects throu eVc that it doesnt work stating what i've mentioned above.<br>that what makes it even wierder. worth mentionning i've also tested all files of platform manager on the pcc, they are as should be.<br><br>helpppppppppp :(
Hezi
pm Member

Postby RICoder » Oct 5, 2001 @ 12:52am

Ok, my laptop did this to me, and I thought it was a saved login issue too, and for a time, logging in locally as admin worked, then it stopped. :(<br><br>So, I uninstalled active sync and the studio.  Then I reinstalled eveerything...that worked.
<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/RICoder.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">RICoder</iframe>
RICoder
FOX News Correspondent

Postby cryo » Oct 5, 2001 @ 4:44am

hey RICoder,<br><br>on laptops its not just the saved login issue, but also the hibernation thing :) (damn, evc really sucks sometimes)<br><br>After every hibernation period i had to replace the users registry key HKEY_USERS\[long number here]\Software\Microsoft\CEStudio with the same key from the administrator account. Note that the user i work wioth *has* admin rights, but this does not help. Now i just work as admin himself, and everything works fine.<br>
cryo
pm Member

Postby Dan East » Oct 5, 2001 @ 11:23am

I use a laptop with Windows 2000, and have never had any of these problems with Activesync 3.1 or 3.5. I predominately use ethernet connectivity, so maybe that is more reliable. I did try to sync over IR yesterday, and Activesync crashed.<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby RICoder » Oct 5, 2001 @ 5:22pm

Marcelo,<br>  Man...you spend a lot of time figuring this shit out.  thanks.  I wondered about that.  I would just close the top on my laptop and take it with me, but eveerytime I did, I'd have to reboot to get it to sync again.  HMMMMM....now I know why.<br>  ActiveSync kinda blows.
RICoder
FOX News Correspondent

Postby Hezi » Oct 5, 2001 @ 5:25pm

I've removed everything and reinstalled from scratch, ofcourse it didnt help.<br>going to try now using the serial instead of USB, who knows....<br>
Hezi
pm Member

Postby Dan East » Oct 6, 2001 @ 11:15am

Instead of rebooting have you tried killing off the WCESCOMM.EXE process and restarting Activesync?<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

A discussion forum for mobile device developers on the Windows Mobile platform. Any platform specific topics are welcome.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Digby, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions