This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

keyboard / string problem

keyboard / string problem

Postby Nic-Gun » May 9, 2006 @ 12:06pm

can edge accept keystroke from keyboard without colliding with the keyup, keydown, or keybuttonA etc? like using getch() or kbhit()?

and one more thing, my code below :

char name[2][3];

int i=0;
ClassEStd::StrCpy(name[i], "MAX");

i++;
ClassEStd::StrCpy(name[i], "KIN");

for (i=0; i<2; i++)
display->buffer.DrawFont(150, 70+(i*20), &display->internal, name[i], EFX_COLORKEY | EFO_VCENTER);

resulted in :

name[0] = "MAXKIN"
name[1] = "KIN"

while :

char name[2][3];

int i=0;
ClassEStd::StrCpy(name[i], "MAX");
display->buffer.DrawFont(150, 70+(i*20), &display->internal, name[i], EFX_COLORKEY | EFO_VCENTER);

i++;
ClassEStd::StrCpy(name[i], "KIN");

resulted in :

name[0] = "MAX"
name[1] = "KIN"

is there any problem with StrCpy()?
Last edited by Nic-Gun on May 9, 2006 @ 12:48pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nic-Gun
pm Member

Postby edge » May 9, 2006 @ 12:47pm

You can catch al keyboard input, but incoming keys (from OnButtonDown()) can overlap with keymappings defined in EBUTTONLIST. This is something that can't be prevented.

I suggest saving a control type state, and change it to a keyboard type when a player needs to enter his name, or unlock code. When in keyboard input state, treat all keyboard characters (such as 'A' to 'Z', spacebar, backspace, etc.) as a keyboard key, and use the directional pad to browse through selections and default button (usually inside the d-pad) as a "confirm" key.

You can solve the string problem easily by reserving an extra character. Your strings take 4 characters (including the terminating zero character).
EDGELIB: Cross-platform mobile development at your fingertips
http://www.edgelib.com
edge
pm Member

Return to EDGELIB

Sort

Forum Description

Powerful and affordable C++ middleware solution covering true multi-platform 2D, 3D and network features for Apple iPhone, Windows Mobile, Symbian S60, UIQ, Linux and Windows desktop.

Moderator:

edge

Forum permissions