This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Problem with Hekkus Edge 2.95

Problem with Hekkus Edge 2.95

Postby mimispa » Jan 15, 2007 @ 10:17am

Hello Edge,
I am trying to use Edge version 2.95 with “hekkus” support for the Symbian s60 v9.1 platform.
The problem is that I cannot compile my application because the following message appears:
“elf2e32 : Error: E1034: DSO HSS{000a0000}.dso not found”.
I have tried to make compilation with EdgeIDE and through codewarrior environment with the SDK s60_3rd.
I have noticed that when I make a link of the static lib hss.dso (since this is the one that hekkus is providing for Symbian_v9-gcce) the above mentioned message appears and no further compilation is possible.
In the project file (.epj) that I have created into the EdgeIDE, I have added the following line:
staticlib = “c:\projects\Hekkus\lib\Symbian_v9-gcce\hss.dso”.
Also I have checked and it seems to be right, all the necessary include paths.
The above mentioned non existence file DSO HSS{000a0000}.dso, it doesn’t appear nowhere into Hekkus, but there is a similar one (HSS{000a0000}.dso).
I would appreciate your help on that.
mimispa
pm Member

Postby edge » Jan 16, 2007 @ 9:37am

Hi mimispa,

To fix the linker issue add hss.dso as a dynamic library instead of a static library to your CodeWarrior project.

Please note that using the Hekkus Symbian 9 is for development purposes only. This is because there are a few issues regarding DLL's on Symbian 9. The most important one being that every DLL will be installed in one folder which will give version conflicts when multiple games are installed, each using a different version of Hekkus.

I recommend obtaining the static library of the Hekkus library. You'll have to make a small donation to the author to get it.
EDGELIB: Cross-platform mobile development at your fingertips
http://www.edgelib.com
edge
pm Member

Return to EDGELIB

Sort

Forum Description

Powerful and affordable C++ middleware solution covering true multi-platform 2D, 3D and network features for Apple iPhone, Windows Mobile, Symbian S60, UIQ, Linux and Windows desktop.

Moderator:

edge

Forum permissions