This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

about afxres.h

Postby reQunix » Oct 24, 2007 @ 8:21pm

The type of application I'm trying to make will have mostly content so I'll probably end up using packages.

I came right with the images. I'm not entirely sure why it wasn't showing before but I've got it to load GIFs from files.

On the build issue, I've found that the PlatformSDK installed with Visual C++ does not have some of the files required (like WS2bth.h), but I fixed this by adding the include folder from the XP SP2 Platform SDK folder in the general Visual Studio options under C++. This now allows VS2005 to build and run the app on my PC (with some bugs, but that's app specific).

I tried building with the EDGELIB builder tool and I still get the error that it can't find afxres.h (for both WinDesktop and WinMobile builds).

I can try adding the include folders in the builder, but aside from that, I'm afraid I'm not too sure what else to try.
reQunix
pm Member

Postby edge » Oct 25, 2007 @ 10:54am

Hi reQunix,

We've made a new template file and removed all references to afxres.h. Could you try the attached file and see if you can build with the EDGELIB builder?

Copy and overwrite the file inside the templates folder of the EDGELIB builder.
Attachments
win32rc.zip
(437 Bytes) Downloaded 495 times
EDGELIB: Cross-platform mobile development at your fingertips
http://www.edgelib.com
edge
pm Member

Postby reQunix » Oct 26, 2007 @ 10:30pm

Hi,

Thanks for all the effort. This is quite confusing. Anyway, I've used the template you provided and it has made some progress. This is the output the builder gives now.

---------------- Building: sandbox - Windows desktop (vc 2005) Release ----------------
sandbox.ico
sandbox.res
sandbox.cpp
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows XP SP2\include\windows.h(157) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'excpt.h': No such file or directory

It used to get to the .res file and fail, now it gets to the .cpp file. It seems to be having problems finding headers that windows.h includes, which is odd.

I've double-checked and there's no excpt.h in that folder but there is one in the c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\include\ folder. I expected it to find it there since it's included in Visual Studios list of includes.

Just to try something I added that folder in the Edge Builder include list and it built , although it had a LOT of warnings about redefined macros etc.

I tested the executable and it works (after moving the resource files over manually).

I also tried building for WM5. It also gets further but ends with this error:

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'OLDNAMES.lib'

It doesn't say where it's expecting the file so I'm not sure if it's one of yours or part of the SDK.

Hope you can make some sense of that... :)

Regards,
reQunix
reQunix
pm Member

Postby edge » Oct 29, 2007 @ 10:05am

edge
pm Member

Postby reQunix » Oct 29, 2007 @ 10:00pm

Hi edge...

I did a search through my entire c:\. No file named oldnames.lib

Any idea where it's meant to be or what it comes with. I have the WM5 SDK, XP Platform SDK, DirectX SDK, and probably some others isntalled. I can't really think of much that is missing.

Regards,
reQunix
reQunix
pm Member

Postby edge » Oct 30, 2007 @ 11:04am

Hi ReQunix,

With our installation the library came with Visual Studio 2005 and the platform SDK (however, it's not part of the Windows Mobile 5 SDK).

You can disable the library by editing the pocket 2005 platform ini file and adding the following option to the linker section:
/NODEFAULTLIB:"oldnames"
edge
pm Member

Postby reQunix » Oct 30, 2007 @ 11:44pm

Should I put it in the startlink string, the commandlink string or on a new line?
reQunix
pm Member

Postby edge » Oct 31, 2007 @ 12:58pm

I recommend modifying the startlink string and place the library to ignore just before the /INCREMENTAL command.
edge
pm Member

Postby reQunix » Nov 1, 2007 @ 9:22am

Thanks edge. :D

That did the trick. Now I have two of the platforms working. Luckily, that's all I need for now.

Keep well,
reQunix
reQunix
pm Member

Postby edge » Nov 2, 2007 @ 3:57pm

edge
pm Member

Postby anxer » Nov 16, 2007 @ 3:08pm

anxer
pm Member

Previous

Return to EDGELIB

Sort

Forum Description

Powerful and affordable C++ middleware solution covering true multi-platform 2D, 3D and network features for Apple iPhone, Windows Mobile, Symbian S60, UIQ, Linux and Windows desktop.

Moderator:

edge

Forum permissions